The Modern Civil Rights Movement | Teen Ink

The Modern Civil Rights Movement

August 5, 2014
By AngelGraham GOLD, Nashville, Tennessee
AngelGraham GOLD, Nashville, Tennessee
16 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
death is guaranteed and life is a given so quit living as if you have tomorrow.


As i watch the way our government interveen in other nations' problems, i start to wonder why are we so focus on the battles of other when we are at battles with ourselves. We spend 225 million dollars to help defend the isrealites from the palestinians who refuse to call off an attack, but yet we spend little to no attention standing up for our own citizens. Yes! I am refering to the Community that part take in the same sex marriage rights. We as a society have done our people a great wrong but making a right to them illegal. Under the constitution of America, Amemdment 14, we all are promise and asured that we will have freedom unless we forced to lose those priviledges by breaking a law of the state we aside in. Now answer me this how is wanting to marry the same sex as you are an unlawful act when we so support heterosexual marriage. This is damn right terrorist act to our own people. And to clarify the excuse that alot of conservative Christians want to use that the bible forbids homosexual marriage becuase it says depending on which version you get that a women may not lay with another woman or a man shall not lay with another man. This excuse is invalid through the first amendment of the constituiton of the united states of america, The freedom of religion. How can our nation asure that we all have the freedom to worship as we please when we deny that freedom to others because they go against one part of our beliefs. To me its all a fact of fear. But to deny them their right is plain out a terrorist act to our people to our nation. This is only the modern civil rights movement of this era now lets treat it like the fight it is and take care of our citizens for once instead of making a bunch of promised and reasurement and then ruin our nation because we are too stupid to see the fact inside of ourselves.


The author's comments:
i love criminology and find it funny that we deny our citizens a right that many of our citizens die to give them each and every day