Sometimes He (or she) Just Isn't Worth It! | Teen Ink

Sometimes He (or she) Just Isn't Worth It!

July 30, 2014
By Svetlana_Mikhaylova BRONZE, Golden, Colorado
Svetlana_Mikhaylova BRONZE, Golden, Colorado
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you don’t build your dream someone will hire you to help build theirs. – Tony Gaskins


"Don't cross oceans for people who wouldn't even jump puddles for you."

Its that time of the year when school is starting up again. You know for a fact that next semester you have a class with him, that special person who probably doesn't even know your name. That is definitely a reason to spend the entire day looking though your closet for a perfect outfit that you think he will notice you in or maybe skip a few meals to look slimmer for him. Then an amazing day comes when he is assigned as your partner for a big school project and you offer to do all the work because hearing him thank you is totally worth it and you want to show off how smart you are (and spend the next two nights trying to cram everything in before its due).

High school is the perfect example of the sacrifices we make just to be noticed and wanted rather than appreciated and valued. Sometimes all the effort put into making a friendship or relationship last is not as rewarding as it should be and someone is always mistreated and hurt. That is just one of the many lessons I've learned in high school.


The author's comments:
Inspired by a friend who had to learn this the hard way.