Emotions Broken Down - #1 | Teen Ink

Emotions Broken Down - #1

By amethystdragon BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
amethystdragon BRONZE, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

" My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations"

Augustus Waters, The Fault In Our Stars

April. 30. 2014

Pain is neutral.

Sometimes you feel it. It burns, it kills……...it hurts.

But other times, it dulls to an invisible restriction, a stiff ache, and sore spot.

We view pain just as is. Once it leaves, you remember that you were in pain, but you don't remember the actual pain itself. Pain can be an engraved fear, etched so deep into our souls its almost impossible to relieve ourselves of it.

Pain doesn’t allows mean a broken bone, or a throbbing finger. It can be a deep longing for something you know will never happen or you will never be able to obtain. It can be the hard burning sensation you feel as you watch someone you love being forced to change into someone else right before your eyes. Sometimes its that gut-wrenching roller coaster that finally flew off the tracks, as you watch a storm come and rip through your life, knowing there is nothing you can do to stop it. Pain is a fated opportunity.

Hope is uncontrolling.

Most times you create for yourself, other people give it to you, or you can see it.

It takes an intuition to see hope, there is no definite color, or smell. You can’t always touch it and sometimes you can’t taste it. But it’s there.

Hope is that one feeling you can cling to. It’s your best friend in the face of fear and despair, because it helps you to see the light. Sometimes hope tricks us into thinking that sometimes the worst possible outcome of one situation could be the best in another. Hope is that lightning, bubbly “magic” you feel when you good news after months of terror. It can be your last shred of dignity when you know that everything might go down the drain. But most times it is the light in the dark, the sun after it rains, a rainbow in the middle of the day. Hope is a chance.

Hope allows us to feel relieve, happiness, and enlightenment. Even if it is for a short period of time. Pain, gives us something to look forward to once it leaves us alone. We rise to new levels of ourselves every time we feel an emotion. Both of these emotions are almost the yin-and-yang when you know deep within yourself that something is going to happen good or bad. You need both to understand pure happiness, and joy in the future.

How often have you felt pain? Pure, Deep, Aching Pain?

How often have you held on to hope? The little white bird in your cage, to do keep it or do you set it free?

The purpose for this written piece is unclear to me, but I hope that it brings meaning to you.

~ the person you least expect to have experienced the deepest things, have often had to battle their demons to be who they are today. have you?

this piece came from a day, where I sat in my room and got lost in my head for a long period of time.