Sincere, Unadulterated Love

You always hear stories about this abstract concept we call “love.” Many of us are too naive to comprehend its true value. To feel love or be in love. Some people do, some people don’t. It never seems to come at a convenient time. It hardly comes to the “right” people. It may last a day, it may last a lifetime. This myth to some and religion to others is called “love.”

We all want it. Admit it, as a warm-blooded human being, you want to be loved. Maybe by a significant other, maybe by a parent, maybe by a friend, maybe by an entire society; any form of love. It seems so pure, but it comes out so messy.

I believed. Then I stopped. I want love but find it temporarily unattainable. Yes, I still have a lifetime, but I’m done searching. If love is meant to happen, it will. If not... well then, I’ll always have my personality... But that's just me. There’s also the media’s perspective. There is their game of love and in that arena, anything goes. Fiction writing. We all want Jane and Rochester’s passion, but that’s Bronte fiction. The Byronic hero. Girls want the smart, sexy, silent stud on horseback. We want “In Your Eyes” on a boombox. I don’t know what men want, if I did, I wouldn’t be so lonely.

But in every fantasy, everyone wants love. I don’t believe there’s anyone praying for a painful breakup and a murder. That would be irrational. But then again, how sane is love, really? We, apparently, do anything for it. Spoil friendships, break off family bonds, make absolute fools of ourselves, express intense vulnerability. For what?! For love. A universal “happy ending.”
So why are we all judging and hating and lying and cheating and stealing and worrying? When we could all be loving. Working together as one mankind for love. We’re not so different. Personalities, maybe. Tactics, sure. Cultures, hell yes. But we have one goal. That is love. Sincere, unadulterated love.

CarlyKatherine said...
Love your opinion on Love (I actually did not mean for that to be a pun). You write wonderfully I think your voice is fabulous! I also admire how you talk about love as something other than retaining to boyfriend/girlfriend reationships. So many people when they think about love they think about the bf/gf type of love. I am also glad to find out that I am not the only person that has these random enligtening moments and who has a inappropriate crush (although mine is on Chris Hemsworth). I will ... (more »)