The Worst Hasn’t Happened Yet | Teen Ink

The Worst Hasn’t Happened Yet

By Chiikii_ SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
Chiikii_ SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

no one can take away your pain so dont let anyone take away your happiness

When you first walk into a school do you realize how many teenage pregnancies there are? At least 50 percent of pregnancies are teenagers. Being a teen and pregnant is not easy. No more shopping for yourself but for your baby too. You can’t go out because you need to watch the baby or call a babysitter. Teenage girls think that it will be easy and everything will be fine.

Being a teen parent is very difficult. It may ruin all your relationships. Relationships with your parents get hard because they tend to lose respect for their child and don’t trust them. Friendships get broken because they can’t go out whenever they want because they have to stay home and watch the baby. Boyfriends leave because it’s too hard to be a teenager and take care of a child and try and still have a social life.

Teen pregnancies aren’t easy with not having freedom and some lose their education. Some teens can’t keep up with school work and taking care of the child. Being in high school and trying to raise a child is impossible. Most teen tend to drop-out. Most people think that teen moms are bad moms but in reality there trying as best as they can to raise the child. People stare and judge them as if they don’t know that they have a big stomach in front of them.

There are a lot of options for teens that are pregnant. For instance teens that aren’t ready to raise a child or not financially stable they can consider adoption. You can work on how you would like to set up the adoption if you would like to keep it open and maybe check if your child has a good home.

When you are a teen parent you are no longer treated like a child. All your teenage years are gone and you need to grow up for that child and become a responsible adult. Being a teen parent comes with a lot of decisions and choices you have to make. Some of the decisions may be very hard. Your choices aren’t all about you anymore there all about the baby.

Teen pregnancy is not a good thing. You have to go face a lot of battles and struggle.

on Dec. 31 2013 at 8:17 am
Akanksha005 BRONZE, New Delhi, Other

Sometimes one pays most for the thing , one gets for nothing! - Albert Einstein

It's really true !