Blame game | Teen Ink

Blame game

By aepets GOLD, Rochester, New York
aepets GOLD, Rochester, New York

The lion fell in love with a lamb

Love, liking, crushing. We all feel these feelings for someone we thought, thought the same way about us. My best guy friend for two years won’t talk to me anymore cause we dated. I am confused because why can’t you date someone and end it and not be treated like we are strangers who just have memories. The weird thing is he stares at me. Why would a boy you were friends with for 2 years, dated for three months and has ignored you for 6 months star at you if he said he doesn’t care about you. What I don’t understand is why I am getting treated this way or any girl. See guys blame everything on us like it is our faults. They try to change us into someone they want to be and some of us let them and some don’t. The ones that don’t change get their hearts broken because we love who we are and we don’t want to change for anybody else. It hurts, I know it does. He broke up with me because I was stress out about sports and my family and he was not there to support me. He left me when I needed him the most because he didn’t know how to talk about his feelings. He kept it all inside and when I was stressed out he popped and he blamed everything on me and now he won’t talk to me.

I understand some girls do cheat or do whatever but that does not give the boy a good reason to say I don’ think this will work. What I am trying to say is that guys break up with because they don’t get their way. If the girl won’t have sex with him, she doesn’t change her clothes or her voice, she acts different and when the girls say no they are like this is not going to work. They blame everything on you and make you feel like you did everything wrong so you will do what they want. It is all a game and we are the ones who get hurt when they don’t get their way. So when I say I don’t understand why my best guy friend won’t talk to me I don’t understand because I got blamed for being me and we should not get blamed for being ourselves.

Comment