Could You Be There? | Teen Ink

Could You Be There?

By Luxy_Reese PLATINUM, Grand Forks, North Dakota
Luxy_Reese PLATINUM, Grand Forks, North Dakota

Be yourself. Everyone else is taken.

Is it wrong to expect that one day, and hopefully one day soon at that, I’ll find someone to stand by? Is it wrong to assume they’ll want to stand by me, too, and hold me when I teeter and catch me when I finally fall? No one can stand on their own forever. We all need that someone, that special someone that we can have unwavering faith in, the sense of loyalty we feel just standing next to them. Is it appropriate to ask them to stand with you? Is society against that?
Are we so wrapped up worrying about the next dance, the next date or game that we can’t stand up for ourselves? Will we be ridiculed for finally being honest, and telling that someone we need them? Is it possible that we can’t find someone to share our passions and goals with? I sure as hell hope not.
“I need you.” Three little words. Eight letters. Ten if you count spaces. Are you willing to admit your faults? Can you let your guard down long enough to let someone in who will gladly keep you on your feet? I think its something too many of us have issues with.
We aren’t invincible. Too many people think they are though. And after that, there’s nothing left for them except to crumble. To crumble and fall and be demolished and have nothing again. To have to start over. Could you do that? Could you believe that you’d reached your peak, your climax, only to have yourself beaten down and trodden upon and have to pick yourself up, dust off your own back, nurse your scrapes and scratches, mend your pride, all without someone? I’m not saying it’s impossible. I’m saying that it’s much more bearable with someone there to help.
When you find that someone, I will congratulate you. I will cry and pray and absolutely adore how happy I am for you. I will sing in the rain, because you will have no idea how hard it is to find someone like that. Because you won’t know what it’s like to have help until you have them there.
They will bandage you wounds. They will help get that dirt off of the middle of your shirt. They will hold your head up for you when you can’t find the strength to do it yourself. They’ll be in your corner when no one else is willing to be.
At one point, you’ll probably forget about what they’ve done. You’ll push them away, certain you’re fine again. Certain it will be different this time. But chances are, it won’t be. And if they’re truly that special person, they will catch you before you hit the floor this time. And they would do everything all over again, for you. For you. Because they’re your special person, but guess what? You’re theirs.
And so I will close with this. Can you take that responsibility? Can you care for them in the same way they so willingly did for you? Are you capable of mustering that same amount of compassion, because chances are, they’ll fall too. They’ll fall just as hard as you did, and they’ll need you. They will be dependent on you, because they trust you. And you must take their trust and never let it go. Hang onto it as you’re lifeline. Because sooner or later in life, what you love you’ll lose. Don’t let that happen with your special someone. They’re too valuable.
But again I’ll ask; Is it wrong for me to expect to find someone that will stand with me?

Just a little something I came up with. Is it possible?

on Oct. 19 2013 at 12:30 pm

Be yourself. Everyone else is taken.

Hey thats really cool my real name is taylor too!  So what do you need advice on?

on Oct. 18 2013 at 11:45 am
abandonedkid SILVER, Richmond, Virginia

"every guitar needs to be tuned" which means everyone needs help with something

THAT WAS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE IM BULLYING MY REAL NAME IS  TAYLOR