Communicating is easy except when it's hard | Teen Ink

Communicating is easy except when it's hard

June 16, 2013
By eclecticeverything BRONZE, Western Mass, Massachusetts
eclecticeverything BRONZE, Western Mass, Massachusetts
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I suppose communicating goes hand in hand with maturity. How well you are able to handle yourself in difficult situations coincides with how well you’re able to express yourself. And express yourself appropriately. It is so embarrassing to find out that someone can’t communicate like a civil person because their eyes are clouded with anger. Everyone gets angry; people have their bad days. But the art of communicating is supposed to stay strong through your off days. Once you lose the ability to communicate you’re losing yourself. And obviously I don’t mean not being able to utter a word; I mean really truly communicating, with calm words and strong ideas no matter what mood you’re in. When the people around you can’t act in a mature way don’t lose your focus on how you should be acting. Stay mature even when dealing with someone who attains the attitude of a child. At my age you encounter many of them. And I know how it feels when you just want to hit them in the face, remind them not to mess with you again. But is that a sophisticated way of handling problems? Of course not. Get them back not with violence but with the way your words flow and make it clear that they’re inferior to you. Feel bad for them as they are unable to have a discussion or debate in the proper manner. Keep your communicating strong through difficult times and it will make you even more successful. Confuse them with your words and rise above the immaturity.