Teenage love. | Teen Ink

Teenage love.

January 8, 2013
By LiliaRose BRONZE, Spokane, Washington
LiliaRose BRONZE, Spokane, Washington
1 article 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
You fit me better than my favorite sweater.


Teenage love, does it exist? You may hear people say, "you're too young to be in love," or, "you're just a child, you don't know what love is!" Well here is what I think.
Personally, I believe that age doesn't matter. Love is Love. You can be 12 or you can be 65 when you fall in love. A teenager could fall in love, and spend their whole life with that one person, and a grown woman could fall in love and stay with that person for 3 years. You can't put any limits on love.
Take Romeo and Juliet, they were maybe 16, they fell in love and they couldn't live without each other. Even the Hunger Games, Katniss and Peeta fell in love as teenagers, and stayed together for the rest of their lives.
However, I think you can love whoever you want at whatever age; 'love' doesn't always mean 'soul mate'.
I don't think anyone can tell you who you can love, and I don't think anyone can tell you when you're old enough to love.


The author's comments:
I was inspired to write this when I saw another person's entrie on high school love, and how you're too young to know how to love and what it really means. I disagreed with that so, I wrote this.