The Best Gift

The best gift I ever received was my little sister. She was born when I had just turned four. I was so excited to meet her, hold her, and get a new best friend. She is always trying new things, things that I had previously done. We fight. We have trouble getting along, but that is what sisters do. We tease each other and bother each other till days end. But in the end, we love each other. She loves to help me, even when it comes time to clean my room. We always get along when we are home alone together. She comes to me when she is upset, and I try to help her through it because that is what sisters do.
Though we are so far apart in age, that doesn't stop us from being able to laugh and talk together. IT brings us closer. I don’t know what my life would be like if she wasn't there. Maybe a winter without snow or a summer without the sun. I have four step-siblings, three older than me and one my sisters age. We get along, argue, and bother each other, everything that brothers and sisters do normally. But only with my sister do I really get that feeling that I know I have a best friend for life, someone who will stand by me no matter what. When I tease my sister, it is out of love and caring. But when I see other people hurt her, I want to go punch them. I don’t like to see her hurting. That hurts me. My sister, most talented, fun, loving person I know. She is truly the best gift I have ever received.