Being Gay isn't voluntary. Hate is. | Teen Ink

Being Gay isn't voluntary. Hate is.

By UndefinedBeauty GOLD, Boston, Massachusetts
UndefinedBeauty GOLD, Boston, Massachusetts

“The realities of the world affected me as visions, and as visions only, while the wild ideas of the land of dreams became, in turn,—not the material of my everyday existence—but in very deed that existence utterly and solely in itself.” -Edgar A. Poe

How would you like to be told you are wrong for loving someone you care about? How would you like to be criticized for who you are? I bet you wouldn't, so I do not see why people do it to others. Gay people should have the right to marry who they want, without the government's say. Gay people and Lesbian people are humans too and I do not think that they should be put down and get called so many futile things just because they are different and have different tastes than some. Sometimes love comes around when you least expect it, and one thing leads to another. Then, you are in too deep, and you realise that the other person is the last piece to your puzzle. The dawn after darkness. The love of your life. The one you want to spend the rest of your life with. I honestly see NO problem in two men, or two women getting married. Love is love, no matter who you love, male or female. If you've ever been in-love with someone, you know how it is to yearn for their hugs, their kisses, and everything else love may bring. I just really don't understand how people can have such animosity against Gay marriage. When Love is right between too people for a very long time, they will want to marry one another. I simply just don't think it matters who you love. In my honest opinion, it is your choice who you love. Never let anyone tell you you are wrong for you being you, and loving who you love.

I chose to share my opinion on Gay rights because I've seen many Lesbian, Gay, BiSexual or Transgender teenagers get bullied for being who they are and commit suicide. Gay rights should not be put down and disparaged for being who they are.

on Jul. 20 2013 at 8:52 pm

Aww! Thank you, Ms.Bolduc. I miss you. 

Ms. B said...
on May. 31 2013 at 12:27 pm
Students like you, give teachers like me so much inspiration.  You are the reason we teach English.  We hope that all our students will accomplish what you have done with your poems on this site - conquer their fears and rise up to share their beautiful inner voice.  You have gone through some very difficult things in your life, but isn't amazing that something so beautiful came out of your pain.  Keep writing! Love always transforms the darkness. Best, Ms. B Slam Poetry Teacher

on Apr. 6 2013 at 10:33 pm

I agree with you. The word "Faggot", The phrase "That's so gay" are used daily and it really needs to end.

on Mar. 20 2013 at 7:33 pm
Aramis_999 PLATINUM, Matthews, North Carolina

Be strong, believe in freedom and in God, love yourself, understand your sexuality, have a sense of humor, don’t judge people by their religion, color or sexual habits, love life and your family. -Madonna

Your welcome :) we need more people in the world who think like this.

on Mar. 20 2013 at 7:24 pm

Your welcome. 

on Mar. 20 2013 at 5:05 pm

Thank you so much!

on Feb. 25 2013 at 6:15 pm

this was amazing

on Jan. 7 2013 at 2:16 pm

Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to comment on my article. It means alot. Also, thank you for letting me know how you feel! I'll write more like this!

lovetoread said...
on Nov. 28 2012 at 10:37 pm
I love this article.  It is beautifully written and so wise.  the questions at the beginning drew me in, and the sentence about the last piece of your puzzle is wonderful and so right with the way you feel when you're in love.  But the last sentence is the best.  Thanks for sharing....