Love thats not ready to be lost | Teen Ink

Love thats not ready to be lost

By DeadOnArrival SILVER, Visalia, Colorado
DeadOnArrival SILVER, Visalia, Colorado

I will admit I've never believed in romance. of course like any other teen i read romance novels envisioning my perfect love. i had and maybe still do have a best friend who fit my description of a perfect love. In fact his flaws were exactly what i loved about him. My insecurity was the downfall of our relationship though. Wouldn't you be afraid that the one you loved might find better? i believed that breaking things off would make it simple and not hurt so much. he appeared to move on and I'm happy for him but when i would see him with a girl i couldn't help but think that i would've still been heartbroken if i stayed with him. but i scold myself when i think that. i still haven't yet to move on and i worry people at times when I'm lost in thought my friends know whom I'm thinking about. but do you believe i lost my chance. i find this ironic, someone who never really believed in romance is in loves death grip. i still look at the pictures of us, even as friends and think 'did i make the right decisions?' or 'is it really to late' 'does he miss me?' and 'does he look at her the way he used to look at me?'.
the love i seemed to not be able to lose is really getting to me. read one of my poems and you'll see.
i hope its not to late. but i refuse to give up. if the feeling is this strong i wont give up. but this time I'm not letting myself get afraid because even when we'd break up he was always there for me. even when he was heartbroken.

If your going through a situation similar leave me a message and give me your thoughts....it means a lot to me.

DeadOnArrival SILVER, Visalia, Colorado
I understand he was my best friend n it took me 5 years to know and realize what I lost and the choices I made make me regret it but hopefully it will work out for you :) I hope it does for me too.

EstherSophia BRONZE, Saint Cloud, Florida

"Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it."

I understand, I'm always asking myself if I should get back with this one guy. I write a lot about him if u wanted to know more. Recently he said he missed me and I nearly died and just cried. It's hard but they way I look at it, is be careful. If it's truly meant to be, it'll happen somehow