Love that is hidden | Teen Ink

Love that is hidden

By Nichole1994 GOLD, Terre Haute, Indiana
Nichole1994 GOLD, Terre Haute, Indiana

"I loved you once, I love you still, I always have, and I always will!"

“I will ask you once more and then I am finished.” He said with a hushed tone. “Do you love me?” He can’t even look at me as he is questioning my love towards him. Do I lie? Can he handle the lie? Can I be strong enough to lie to him? I’m deep in thought with all these questions when I hear him speak. “Well?” I tell myself I have to lie.

“I’m in love with you!” I hear myself say. I try to stop myself from saying any more because this is how I really feel. Stop, stop, stop, I try to tell myself, but I don’t. I keep talking and telling him how my body aches for his touch and I long for kiss, do I have no self controlee at all? It seem that I don’t as I fight myself trying to stop my emotions from coming out.

When I finally gain controlee I sit down and hide my crying eyes in my hands. “Baby why are you crying?” he asked as he sat next to me and pressed my body into his.

“I cry because my whole world is coming to an end. I cry because the one person I love more than life its self is leaving and I can’t make him stay.” I tell him with my face still in my hands.

He gets up from my side. “Baby will you look at me?” He asks as he tries to hold my hands. Since he was trying so hard I let my hands drop. As I look up at him he get down on one knee. “Hun I have wanted to do this for the longest time and I think now is the perfect time to ask. You are the love of my life, the light of my day, the air that I breathe. You are the only one who can sweep me off my feet, take my breath away, make my heart stop, and start again to the point its pounding out of my chest, and that’s all with just one touch. Will you please except this ring and be my wife?”

“Yes! Yes I would love to be your wife.” I was still crying but with joy now instead of sorrow. I smiled and wiped my eyes. He slid the ring on my finger and then got up so I could hug him. “Does this mean you are going to
Stay?” I asked him as I looked to look into his eyes.

“No my love what this means is that no matter what I do where I go you can come with me.” So smiled at me and for the first time in a long time I could tell that he was truly happy. I smiled and put my arms around him just held him in my arms.

I was happy. The thought of us going everywhere and not having to spend time apart because of some trip or a meeting some weir made me the happiest girl in the hole world. He is the love of my life and now I get to go with him whenever I want.

schristensen said...
schristensen, Coden, Alabama

be you not your neighbor

do i really mean that much to you

on May. 1 2012 at 9:07 am
Open_5hoelaces BRONZE, Vadodra, Other
Could've been better.

on May. 1 2012 at 12:11 am
alex_kiteflyer BRONZE, Darwin, Other

"You can either be a cop or a criminal, but when you're facing a loaded gun what's the difference?"

very romantic nichole.. keep it up