Teenage Love | Teen Ink

Teenage Love

By Bookwizard PLATINUM, Watertown, New York
Bookwizard PLATINUM, Watertown, New York

If you love something, let it go. If it comes back it was always yours, if it doesn't it never was.

Why is it that girls hang on to every word their boyfriend tells them, even if it is mean? They act like what he says is law.

I just sit and watch my friends. For example one of my friends has been going out with her boyfriend for a year. One day he was mad at her and he wouldn’t tell her why. She kept texting him until he finally said that she had worn a bracelet that he had told her not to wear. The bracelet was from a friend that he didn’t like. She said sorry and that she would take it off but he was still mad. I told her to tell him to get over it because he couldn’t tell her what to wear but she said that it was fine and she would just say sorry and take the bracelet off. I couldn’t believe that she was going to let him control her like that. They are not married and already he is telling her what to wear. But I guess she takes it because they have so much history together.

Another story is about a friend who broke up with her boyfriend. She still likes him so she got really mad when he started going out with this girl. I told her that she did break up with him so he could date other people. She said she was hoping that he would ask her back out. The only problem was that he had no plans to ever go back out with her. He still texts her but only to get advice on how to keep his current girlfriend. He sometimes even texts her on how she should dress or do her hair. I find that completely ridiculous. She follows everything he tells her to do but he never even stares at her at school. Once when she tried to talk to him he just ignored her. She was really bummed out after that and she never tries to talk to him in school any more.

Maybe I’ve never felt this way because I haven’t found the one yet. Maybe I’ll never fell this way. I hope I never do because I never want a boy to control my life.

I was just sitting beside my friend in class when she was texting her boyfriend when I saw how controlling boyfriends can be.