Discombobulated Teenage Guys | Teen Ink

Discombobulated Teenage Guys

By JordanT1220 BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
JordanT1220 BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

"Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying and believe in yourself!" - Marilyn Monroe

My friend once told me about this guy who had mentioned that he liked her through text but the next day at school, he acted as if she were nonexistent. Why do guys always insist on doing this? My friend’s story is similar to many other girls’ situations at my school, let alone anywhere else! What provokes guys to act in this malevolent manner and why do they think it’s venial? Guys are so confusing when it comes to relationships because their teenage hormones are going crazy, they are not as sensitive as girls are, and they are new to the “love game”.

Guys are so confusing when it comes to relationships because their teenage hormones are going crazy. Teenage guys don’t know what they want in a girl. They may insist on wanting a nice, sweet girl, but that initial attraction wears off over time. This leaves the girl feeling confused and vulnerable. She may say, “I thought I was the type of girl you liked?” and ask him how she can change for him. The girl might now be wary going into a new relationship and act tentatively. They might even be averse to dating all together. The truth is the one who needs to change is the guy, not the girl. When girls are in a relationship, they tend to be more into it than guys are. Girls try too much; guys don’t try enough.

Because guys are not as sensitive as girls, makes them so confusing when it comes to relationships. Girls over think everything when they are dating someone whether it thinking about her future with the guy she’s dating or even what to say in a simple text message. To be honest, girls are so complex and guys don’t like that; but, guys are too simple- minded and it makes it seem like they really don’t care. They are remiss with their feelings which is the quintessence of what not to do in a relationship. Also, some guys may think that girls are fast-paced in relationships by thinking about their future together but that’s just something they will have to get over because almost every girl does that.

Being new to the “love game”, makes guys so confusing when it comes to relationships. In high school most teens will start dating and this could be a very difficult thing. Guys feel like a kid in a candy shop with the variety of girls they have to choose from. Much like kids surrounded by a bunch of candy, guys want to have every girl, like kids wanting to try all the candy. This may seem like fun and games for the guys at first; but, once they get down to the nitty gritty and they start to pick and choose the girl they like, trouble comes their way. Sometimes, guys are unaware that they are flirting, which confuses the girl they are talking to. Often, guys are just being a little too friendly and girls take it the wrong way. Also, some guys might even tell a girl he likes her but later on act like she doesn’t even exist. Seriously guys, come on! Have you found a better fish in the sea? Is that girl not good enough for you anymore? Some guys are just afraid of rejection, so they might flirt with a girl but are too chicken to ask them out. Other times, guys like to do the heart breaking first so they don’t have to have their heart broken. Guys need to stop acting so cowardly, man up, and treat a lady right!

High school is a very confusing time for many girls; don’t let guys make it worse. You may find yourself lucky with a great boyfriend, but the majority of guys in high school don’t know what love is yet. Guys are so confusing when it comes to relationships because their teenage hormones are going crazy, they are not as sensitive as girls are, and they are new to the “love game”.

on Apr. 25 2012 at 10:07 am
JordanT1220 BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

Like I said, "You may find yourself lucky with a great boyfriend, but the majority of guys in high school don’t know what love is yet."

I'm sure you two are great boyfriends. Don't take it personally. This article was mainly for girls experiencing the same thing.

on Nov. 23 2011 at 4:44 pm
camohunter19 GOLD, Sedro-Woolley, Washington

"Girls are so queer you never know what they mean. They say No when they mean Yes, and drive a man out of his wits for the fun of it." "Violence is never the answer! It is a question, and the answer is yes."

Ok, I liked your writing and you had a strong, vibrant voice. That's where it ends. I am totally enamored with this girl in my nieghborhood and we love each other and mean it. I'm getting her an emrald necklace for her birthday, and if you don't think that isn't love then you tell me what is. Don't go around sterotyping guys, girls are plenty confusing to me too.

Love16 GOLD said...
on Nov. 15 2011 at 11:07 am
Love16 GOLD, Roanoke, Virginia

Psalm 23.

Your article is well stated and has a great arguement. But i personally think that it is a little biased. I can agree that most guys will do the things that you have mentioned, but the fact remains that a lot of guy don't act like that. I know for sure that I have never acted like that. So you can't go around calling saying all guys act like that, when a good majority don't. But that is your opinion, and i thoughtfully respect it.