The Love Letter

Dear ME,

Hello m'dear, I wrote you a letter today, on something more important other than the first day we met---about...us! I mean, in the past fifteen years that we have been together, but I don't think I ever expressed to you in words, just how much you mean to me. You are just simply...amazing. Dazzling. Gorgeous. Perfect (whatever that means).

I really can't think of any better match that you and me! It's like we're the same person or something! We've become inseparable. You just know me so well, I didn't even have to tell you that because you know it yourself! You know exactly what I like to eat, what I like to wear, my favorite hobbies...you understand me so well that you know exactly how I feel, what kind of mood I am in, and what to do and what not to do when I am angry, calm, happy, sad, wild, lost, focused, or even hungry. My goodness, you're like a mind-reading Wonder Woman! Is there anyone better than you?

I can't even remember the last time we had a fight. Have we ever even fought? I think we've always found ways to negotiate and handle any potential rifts in the proper manner. And my gosh, I have to say, you are getting prettier, lovelier, maturer, and more confident by the minute. I'm so lucky to see you grow and change into an even better person!

You know, I feel so bad for those wistful and lonely people who just haven't met their perfect counterpart like we have. When we talk to them, it sometimes depresses me, and I think it depresses you as well, to see such wonderful people blinded so much by trying to find a boyfriend or girlfriend, up to the extent where they change themselves, become phonies, just to get to somebody or win someone back. Can't they see that all they've ever wanted is right in front of their eyes, that all they need is to place themselves any surface capable of reflecting sufficient undiffused light to find the loves of their lives? I mean, who the heck needs to worry about love when he or she has someone like yourself? Really darling, is there anyone better than you?

Before I end this awkward and interesting letter, there's one thing which I thought you should know, which you probably do, but sometimes forget. I know that despite all the incredible qualities you possess, sometimes, you too feel under the weather, and I'm not talking about your allergies, but about yourself. I've noticed that sometimes you too feel lost and lonely, scattered, thinking you're just about the weirdest and most fallible person living on earth. I just want you to remember that I love you and who you are, and no matter how many friendships, relationships, and other things you and I will experience as we grow older, that will never, ever change. You are you and you're the best.

Yours truly,

The Girl in your Mirror

Bambi67This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love this piece it's creative and very true, not matter what goes on our life we have to love and respect ourselves in order to love and respect others! Keep writing... Check out my work, please!! Thank=)

LahariThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

THis is so sweet and nice. :) Very creative!

KonyaB!!! This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 10, 2011 at 11:05 pm :
Thank you!