Teenage love | Teen Ink

Teenage love

By aschmeeds GOLD, Grimes, Iowa
aschmeeds GOLD, Grimes, Iowa

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Why do you think your parents want to meet the person your going to date? Why do they get anxious when you get home late? The truth is, they are afraid you will give yourself away to someone to soon, and most times they may not even love you. They may just be using you for sex.
Teenage love is a turning point in life where you either walk the long path, and wait, or take the short path and give yourself away. Many teens these days have chosen to take the short path and now have to face the consequences. They may end up pregnant, have STDs, most likely be called a slut at school, and the worst consequence of all, is they gave away their virginity trophy to someone who might not even be the one. Who cares if you enjoy sleeping around, and you think its fun. Just think of what your reputation will become. I'm not saying its not ok to have sex, but the message I'm trying to get through to you is make sure they are really the one. Sex isn't just for fun. Its a strong way to show love towards your partner. Before you chose to give yourself away to someone, make sure they are the one. You don't want to end up hurt in the end. Also make sure to use protection, to decrease the chances of getting pregnant, or getting STD'S. You want to make sure that your partner will be there for you, not just today, but everyday in the future. Think of the consequences of sex before doing it. Think before you act, and be protected. If you ever end up in a situation where you debate whether or not you want to do it with them, think to yourself, Are they the one? Teen love is a life lesson. You need to teach it a lesson for once instead of it teaching you a lesson.