Back then i swore i was gunna marry him someday

In the words (well lyrics) of Taylor Swift the title says it all. In her song 15 she says she believed she was going to be with this guy forever. Is that really typical? As a girl of fifteen i can't even imagine marrying any one let alone some one who i know now. Teenagers (especially girls) are now expected to fall in "puppy love" and to wright the initials of their guy all over their notebooks but in reality, we are a lot more realistic. Todays teenagers don't sacrifice things because our boyfriends/girlfriends want us too. A teenagers relationship ranges from lasting years to a few weeks. Honestly when i look back, I'll know i was never going to marry him. At fifteen who wants to know that this relationship they are in now is going to be their ONLY relationship. That they will be with the same person forever and ever. Most girls don't think they will marry the boy they have a crush on or are dating; it's just for now. And so it should be. In another lyric of taylor swift "well i was their when you said forever and always."

Medina D. said...
well though that's true of SOME people, it's not all teenagers. Some of them are realistic, other like a guy so much they do start to get daydreams of marriage with him. It all depends on the teenager

The~crayon~in~my~heart said...
yeah your right, its like everyone expects teenagers to be complete idiots... seriously though, i do have a friend that totally belives that she's going to marry this guy shes never talked to.... not sure how that makes sense but whatever

Christie32 replied...
Yeah it does make sense and thats exactly what i mean, sure some girls do believe that who they are dating now will be their husband some day but most of us see relationships for what they are.