Not Another Divorce Victim | Teen Ink

Not Another Divorce Victim

August 12, 2010
By classicStara PLATINUM, Potomac, Maryland
classicStara PLATINUM, Potomac, Maryland
26 articles 0 photos 28 comments

Divorces. They happen for a lot of reasons. And they suck. As a child of divorced parents, it was a punch in the stomach. And now that I am almost an adult, I'm scared to get married. I mean, who wants to fall in love, and get married only to find that their husband/wife is someone totally different, or that it just wasn't meant to be. Who wants that discovery? Sometime in the future, I want to settle down, without the drama of an unfaithful husband, or financial issues getting in the way. The divorce rate is so high now, I'm pretty sure your bound to get divorced once in your life. And for those lucky ones out there, never. I know divorces are common, but it doesn't make it less painful for spouses and children out there. I wish we would just...know that its going to work out. Yeah, sure, obstacles make you stronger in life, blah blah blah. But it makes people scared, wondering if they chose right, if marriage is such a good idea. And I'm sure it is. But for many people, its a scary option because of the outcomes that some marriages have.