Not Another Divorce Victim | Teen Ink

Not Another Divorce Victim

By classicStara PLATINUM, Potomac, Maryland
classicStara PLATINUM, Potomac, Maryland

Divorces. They happen for a lot of reasons. And they suck. As a child of divorced parents, it was a punch in the stomach. And now that I am almost an adult, I'm scared to get married. I mean, who wants to fall in love, and get married only to find that their husband/wife is someone totally different, or that it just wasn't meant to be. Who wants that discovery? Sometime in the future, I want to settle down, without the drama of an unfaithful husband, or financial issues getting in the way. The divorce rate is so high now, I'm pretty sure your bound to get divorced once in your life. And for those lucky ones out there, never. I know divorces are common, but it doesn't make it less painful for spouses and children out there. I wish we would just...know that its going to work out. Yeah, sure, obstacles make you stronger in life, blah blah blah. But it makes people scared, wondering if they chose right, if marriage is such a good idea. And I'm sure it is. But for many people, its a scary option because of the outcomes that some marriages have.

on Aug. 19 2010 at 10:39 pm
yeah, i get what you mean. i keep thinking i let go too, but you realize when some things are brought up, you still feel some anger or pain from the past. But congrats on getting better!

writ3r BRONZE said...
on Aug. 19 2010 at 9:16 pm
writ3r BRONZE, Rockville, Maryland

"unfortunate" or "sweet stakes"

i too am a product of the divorced. and ive stopped asking them to get back together when my stepfather came along. but i relized just now that i have not fully let it go. until i read this i told myself and everyone that when i got of age no one was going to tame me i will be 50 before i have kids and get married. but i see now that is out of fear and pain and we the products of divorcers have to let it go and have our own experiences with love and marrige.