Dare To Be Different.

I dare you to accept all that the world is, and all that it has created. This world was created millions of years ago. Today the world lives as a progressing universe that is destined for greatness. However, humans (gasp!) are also the one's holding the world back. Holding those of human life that are different than the minisculy sculpted minds of some of us. Accepting WHO people are, and not WHAT they are..should be a much more likely approach....don't ya think? Imagine the world, with every human the same color, the same race, the same ethnicity/interests/sexuality/hobbies/ideas/thoughts/appearance/etc. Now take one second, and see the world as it is today....with beautiful people of every shape, size, sexuality, ethnicity and more. Now imagine that the ENTIRE world was accepting of this universe and it's people that live within. Imagine that not only the accepting, but the unaccepting accepted this. I dare those of you that are stubborn and close minded to go outside of your comfort zone and get to know, and i mean REALLY know the person and lives of gays, lesbians, and bisexuals. I dare you to glance into their sometimes confused hearts, and minds. Their souls telling them one thing..but the media, government, and religion telling them another. Now glance at yourself through someone elses eyes, and try and picture what they see. Try to think of some of the judgemental thoughts they are thinking..or perhaps actually voicing. Try being repremanded for what you are, and who you are as a person. What if someone loathed and was disgusted at the mere fact that you were Jewish, or Black, or White, or Asian, or Gay, Lesbian, or Bi, etc. If they HATED that you were too skinny, or too thick, if your nose were to big, or your face too ugly. If they hated you? Imagine if the majority of the population thought the very idea of your being..should not exist. If YOU should not exist. Now imagine that they all dared to try and accept ALL that you were. All that you had to present to the world. Every last being on this planet glanced at you and perhaps thought you were beautiful..in your own unique and special way. They got to know you and accepted the fact that you were gay/lesbian/bisexual, and formed a certain respect and interest for someone that dares to be different and excepts who they are as a person. Believing in the aspect of love is something powerful. Everyone wants to be loved and cherished, and adored and accepted. But not everyone wants to be loving and cherishing....adoring, and accepting. Why? Because your parents/religion/media/personal influences/YOUR mind..tells you not too? Because you believe that you are superior? Or because you feel that it is wrong because YOU think it is wrong. I ask you (straight people) this question: are YOU forced to love someone of the same sex? Is the very world around you telling you that what you want and are attracted to is WRONG, and disgusting, and frowned upon and sometimes not even accepted..literally? Are you forced to pretend to be someone you are not, or agree with these people? More importantly..would you listen to these people? Would you think, "Ya know? Your right..you say I should like this, then I'll go and be like this." Or will you have the strength, determination, and bravery to stand up to the entire world and say YOU KNOW WHAT?! I DARE TO BE DIFFERENT. I dare to go outside the lines, and cross into an unprotected territory. I DARE to be myself, and love myslef for who I am.
But more importantly? I dare that you accept me for the human that I am. Not the human that you wish me to be, or the human you want me to pretend to be. I dare to be different and set an example for the other millions that are JUST LIKE ME, but have nearly everything going against them. I dare to be me. I dare to be gay..and to your dismay?....whether you accept it or not.

aphilly said...
I can never wrap my head around the way people can be so judgemental and jump to conclusions.  There are way too many people out there in this world that put each individual into a specific stereotype.  We need more individuals like you to speak out and break those chains that confine everyone into these labeled cages that are defining us before they even truly know us

MercedesXO replied...
Dec. 1, 2010 at 3:33 pm :
thank you soo much. i really appriciate and totally agree with you. people can be SO harsh and judgemental, and honestly i feel sorry for them. and angry with them. who are they to judge? people are who they are..acceptance needs to be more occuring in society everywhere.

iOWNyU said...
i love this

MercedesXO replied...
Sept. 26, 2010 at 2:17 pm :
thank youuu=)

Sliva23 said...
Aug. 12, 2010 at 5:04 am:
100% TRUE!!! I just can not believe people this days!! People that are gay or bi are not doing anything wrong!! there are worst things out there that the government should look at! I am just sick of people saying that its wrong just because there different! Look my brother is gay and im happy with that......if i can be happy with it then why the hell wont people that have nothing to do with it care!

MercedesXO replied...
Sept. 17, 2010 at 1:59 pm :
lol im glad you agree:) and thats soo true. like, if that person is fine with their life..why can't anyone else be? I'm glad you liked the article. thanks for the input!!

imrighthereyouknow said...
so i'm straight... but this is so powerful. why the hell CAN'T people just accept it...? like does it have anything to do with them...? no. -__-

beautifuldisaster18 said...
Jul. 14, 2010 at 3:31 pm:

Although I don't agree with somethings in this I was definitely inspired!

This was a very beautiful piece and I really enjoyed it. We are too caught up in trying to be what everyone else wants us to be that we don't worry about being what WE want to be.

:)

MercedesXO replied...
Jul. 14, 2010 at 3:42 pm :
thank you so much. and although you don't agree with me, i appriciate that you think it is beautiful and agree that we should not worry about what others think. that's a step in the direction to accepting everyone. thanks for viewing my work aswell!

i.ll_be_fine_899 said...
Jul. 14, 2010 at 1:17 pm:
whoa-ness, im very impressed ^^ this is really moving and awesomee. i liked how u ended it too- like saying 'accept me...'

MercedesXO replied...
Jul. 14, 2010 at 3:47 pm :

thanks so much. i'm happy i've inspired you and you really enjoyed the piece. i just wanted to say that i'm actually straight. lol. it's just that, i just wanted everyone to recognize that we're all the same and deserve the same respect. and towards the end i stitched it to my perspective to perhaps a gay person perspective. so i wasn't saying accept me for being gay. but just accept everyone ya know?

thank you so much though. i'm really greatful for everyone's nice comments:)

MercedesXO replied...
Aug. 4, 2010 at 5:26 pm :

thanks a bunch:) but i just wanted to tell you (because i think you might have gotten confused at the end) that i am not gay. i am straight, but just believe VERY strongly in accepting everyone for whatever they are..ya know? towards the ending i switched the point of you from "my" point of view, to the mindset of someone that was gay and was coming out to the world claiming to be defferent and accept themselves for who they are.

and thank you so much for reading my peice and giving me... (more »)

rocksrock said...
Jul. 13, 2010 at 1:16 am:
you inspire me. thank you.

MercedesXO replied...
Jul. 13, 2010 at 8:51 am :
wow. no thank you!! that really means a lot to me:)

rocksrock replied...
Jul. 13, 2010 at 1:05 pm :
it's just that i'm bi and i was never proud of it...ashamed actually.  but you're right. people should dare to be different, not shrink away from it to blend in. =)

MercedesXO replied...
Jul. 13, 2010 at 7:02 pm :
That makes me so happy that you told me that. And I'm happy I did the article. Thanks for liking my article, and thank you for accepting who you are. I love that:)

rocksrock replied...
Jul. 13, 2010 at 7:05 pm :
=)) i just submitted a poem that i wrote about it after it happened- when it gets submitted can u read it? it's called secret.

MercedesXO replied...
Jul. 13, 2010 at 7:19 pm :
yeah sure, id love too! just tell me when it gets accepted to the site. actually do you want me to just give you my email so you can tell me when its accepted?

rocksrock replied...
Jul. 13, 2010 at 7:22 pm :
okayyyyyyy

MercedesXO replied...
Jul. 13, 2010 at 7:32 pm :
uhh..i just realized i don't want my info on here for everyone else to see. lol. so idk what to do?