True Love | Teen Ink

True Love

By xkristinx GOLD, Fairfield, Connecticut
xkristinx GOLD, Fairfield, Connecticut

What is true love?
A complicated thing I guess. Nobody really knows. Yet, everyone always says there in love, when some people don’t even know what love is. I guess it will always be a mystery. The who, what, when, where, and whys of love. How we get in, and how we get out. But I have my own theory to the madness. I think love is that feeling that you get when you know you have someone. That you will hold them in your heart, and they will hold you in theirs forever. When you know that they’re yours. Irreplaceable, untouchable, and timeless. When you feel the connection. Deep in your heart. But the best thing about love is that it can be whatever you want it to be. It can be the pain in your heart or the passion. The fire or the chill. It’s limitless. But whatever it is, you have to feel it, not just want it. So many people look for love to fill the empty space but love can come when you are already filled with you. People fall in love, thinking their finding themselves, but that’s not what love does. It’s supposed to make you better. Love doesn’t fix your problems, to some, love is a distraction. Something to keep their minds away from their issues. You could be in love with a total jerk and not even know it. But for some, love is perfect. It can make you be at your best all the time. But heartbreak is the price to pay for perfection. Love can break you apart, and only you can piece yourself back. But when it’s over, if it’s over, you feel stupid. Telling this person everything about you, who you are, who you’re not, and who you want to be. When chances are, they really didn’t care. But don’t get me wrong, love isn’t bad. Love can be the best thing that ever happened on this planet. And it just may be. For me, love is still a mystery. The complications of middle school still upon me. But if and when I fall in love, it will not take over. It will make me a better person. And it will be what every misunderstood thing turns out to be. Brilliant.

--LoveHappens--, Fairfield, Connecticut

"A friend is someone who knows you, but loves you anyway"

Wow I really enjoyed this I thought it was cute and I can relate to everything you have to say. I completely agree with your view because I am a true believer in true love. Great job!!!