Virgin Lips | Teen Ink

Virgin Lips

October 12, 2009
By grasslova GOLD, Highland, Utah
grasslova GOLD, Highland, Utah
19 articles 43 photos 48 comments

Favorite Quote:
When you learn to die, you learn to live - Morrie


V.L. Stands for Virgin Lips. It’s a term that should be far more widespread and is the status your lips should hold for more than the first ten years of your life. People don’t seem to realize that once you give your first kiss away, there's no going back. Once you give it, it's gone for life. No over-sized eraser can fade the marks of crimson lipstick. This applies not just to the virginity of your lips, but of your body... When you start young, you end young. No refunds. No exchanges. Final sale; take it or leave it. Once it's gone, it's gone. Forever. When learning this lesson in life, you get no second chances, just one shot. Take it or leave it? I choose to leave it. Call me old-fashioned, but I'm waiting until marriage, waiting for Love. True Love. Not the deception of Lust, Love's shadow; she who wanders dingy streets, ambling with outstretched hands, ever-searching for something clean and pure to defile with her filthy hands... Sugar has a substitute: Splenda; glasses have a substitute: contacts; Guitar Hero has a substitute: Rock Band! But when it comes to Love, there is no substitute. So save your lovin’ for the one you really love, the one who you’ll spend the rest of your life with. And hey, no worries!—you’ll have ample time to practice kissing when you have the rest of your life to do so.


The author's comments:
I'm not possessed, but rather obsessed. ;D No, I'm really neither of the two. I just don't believe in sex outside of marriage. Although that may sound crazy to you, and as abstract as that may sound, I believe in it wholeheartedly, and wish to share this message with the world. Most people don't believe in virginity or chastity of the mind or body anymore, and I just wanted to stand up and say that I do. I believe it like a religion!I dearly hope I didn't offend or anger anyone with my opinion. Take what you like from my words.
peace out!