Virgin Lips | Teen Ink

Virgin Lips

By grasslova GOLD, Highland, Utah
grasslova GOLD, Highland, Utah

When you learn to die, you learn to live - Morrie

V.L. Stands for Virgin Lips. It’s a term that should be far more widespread and is the status your lips should hold for more than the first ten years of your life. People don’t seem to realize that once you give your first kiss away, there's no going back. Once you give it, it's gone for life. No over-sized eraser can fade the marks of crimson lipstick. This applies not just to the virginity of your lips, but of your body... When you start young, you end young. No refunds. No exchanges. Final sale; take it or leave it. Once it's gone, it's gone. Forever. When learning this lesson in life, you get no second chances, just one shot. Take it or leave it? I choose to leave it. Call me old-fashioned, but I'm waiting until marriage, waiting for Love. True Love. Not the deception of Lust, Love's shadow; she who wanders dingy streets, ambling with outstretched hands, ever-searching for something clean and pure to defile with her filthy hands... Sugar has a substitute: Splenda; glasses have a substitute: contacts; Guitar Hero has a substitute: Rock Band! But when it comes to Love, there is no substitute. So save your lovin’ for the one you really love, the one who you’ll spend the rest of your life with. And hey, no worries!—you’ll have ample time to practice kissing when you have the rest of your life to do so.

I'm not possessed, but rather obsessed. ;D No, I'm really neither of the two. I just don't believe in sex outside of marriage. Although that may sound crazy to you, and as abstract as that may sound, I believe in it wholeheartedly, and wish to share this message with the world. Most people don't believe in virginity or chastity of the mind or body anymore, and I just wanted to stand up and say that I do. I believe it like a religion!I dearly hope I didn't offend or anger anyone with my opinion. Take what you like from my words.
peace out!

on Oct. 27 2009 at 11:01 am
Phantom_Girl GOLD, Ft. Carson, Colorado

"If it comes out of the lion's mouth...it will be on the test."
-Mr. Bala

Incredible. I too am waiting for marriage. I just think it's way more romantic that way. Great article! 5 stars.

theflamingorange BRONZE, San Jose, California

"I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal." -Jane Austen

You make a good point. I'm glad to find an explanation of this that does not include quotations from the bible.

Manii123 SILVER, West Paterson, New Jersey

"Our love is like the wind. I can't see it, but I feel it." -A Walk To Rememeber

I'm saving myself as well. And what makes me so sure of myself, is this vision I have.
So, in my vision it's my wedding night. And my husband decides to tell me how grateful he is to be a virgin. And how much it means to him that his one true love is his first, and how he wouldn't want it any other way. And if i'm not a virgin...then what? How will I fell about myself? People don't notice this, but once you have sex with someone, your giving them a part of you. You're showing them a vulnerable side of yourself, and once you give that part of urself away, you can never get it bak. And if it's with the wrong person, it will leave you felling empty and depressed. Sex means everything...no matter how hard people try to say it means nothing, it means everything. So saving yourself, not only keeps you un infected by dangerous STD 's but it keeps you whole and it makes it easier to respect yourself. Your body is your temple.

But it's cute how you involved it with virgin LIPS..haha

I understand what you mean. I'm staying a virgin till marrriage also. It may be hard for some people to comprehend, but what I always think of, when it comes to that, is this: It's my wedding night. And my husband says, "I'm so happy I saved myself for you, because you're the only one I want to be with and the only one I want to share that part of with." and if i'm not a virgin...I'll feel horriable. Terriable! I wouldn't know what to say! I would cry, knowing I could never get that part me I gave away. Because when you have sex outside of marriage, you unintentionally give a part of yourself away. And if that person isn't the right person, then you will always feel like you lost some sort of respect for yourself and your body.My mother always says, " Your body is your temple." and she's right. And so are you to save yourself.