Virgin Lips

V.L. Stands for Virgin Lips. It’s a term that should be far more widespread and is the status your lips should hold for more than the first ten years of your life. People don’t seem to realize that once you give your first kiss away, there's no going back. Once you give it, it's gone for life. No over-sized eraser can fade the marks of crimson lipstick. This applies not just to the virginity of your lips, but of your body... When you start young, you end young. No refunds. No exchanges. Final sale; take it or leave it. Once it's gone, it's gone. Forever. When learning this lesson in life, you get no second chances, just one shot. Take it or leave it? I choose to leave it. Call me old-fashioned, but I'm waiting until marriage, waiting for Love. True Love. Not the deception of Lust, Love's shadow; she who wanders dingy streets, ambling with outstretched hands, ever-searching for something clean and pure to defile with her filthy hands... Sugar has a substitute: Splenda; glasses have a substitute: contacts; Guitar Hero has a substitute: Rock Band! But when it comes to Love, there is no substitute. So save your lovin’ for the one you really love, the one who you’ll spend the rest of your life with. And hey, no worries!—you’ll have ample time to practice kissing when you have the rest of your life to do so.

luvviinnnme... said...
Feb. 22, 2010 at 9:43 am:
i am so happy u stood up for this.,i luvd it too...!!

luvlettersliex said...
Feb. 22, 2010 at 1:50 am:
I love this. :)

TheUndiscoveredStar said...
yes!!! i love it!!! you hit some deep points here...major kudos!!!

raegirl25 said...
I love it. Also love the fruit comment! I too am saving myself, I wear a promise ring and when people ask me about it, I like how it gives me an oppertunity to tell them, whether they agree or not...

grasslova replied...
May 28, 2010 at 4:24 pm :
Wow! That's amazing that you are that open to speaking your beliefs! I totally respect that, :) because that's what I strive to do too. Right on! Keep it up!

The~crayon~in~my~heart said...
Wow!!!! i love that you wrote this, so many girls give their virginity to boys that dont care- love it!!!

earthmuffin This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
awesome! Very brave for you to stand up for what you believe in. I also am a believer in saving it till marriage.

QuestionAuthority1128 said...
Though I don't completely agree with your point, I think that you did a splendid part in explaining it and you are a very efficient writer.

newsboysnut16 said...
And besides all that, Sex was originally, and still should be considered a sacred union of two people that love each other so much, they're giving each other the greatest gift they can give...their virginity. Sex isn't supposed to be dirty, it's meant to be beautiful, it shouldn't be something to be ashamed of, or taken lightly, it's something that was created so that two people can show their spouse how much they love them. that's why Sex results in a baby so... (more »)

newsboysnut16 said...
And about the whole staying a virgin commintment, picture this: Your favorite fruit (Apples, Oranges, Bananas, whatever) You are getting ready to indulge your favorite fruit, your mouth waters as your get ready to take a bite of it, and you find out that someone already bit out of it, maybe more than one person. Would you (or your future husband or wife) want to eat an apple with a bite out of it? If you've given yourself to someone else, is that honoring your future husband or wife? Now I ... (more »)

newsboysnut16 said...
I think that you are incredibley brave for sharing this especially online! I too have made the commintemnt to save sex for marriage, and i recently joined my friend in her commitment to save first kisses for marriage. I think that everything you save for marriage just becomes more romantic when you experience it with someone that you love enough to spend the rest of your life with! My friends all say that I won't be able to tell if it's true love unless we kiss and I said, Yeah I wil... (more »)

grasslova replied...
May 28, 2010 at 4:27 pm :
Wow! You summed up my article nicely! ;) Yes, I completely agree! Friendship is the foundation of love--not vice versa. That's incredible that you have figured that out too :) I'm totally with ya man.

ray1169 said...
I loved it!! i so believe to wait also. i love the piece. Your work is great

tweedle dee said...
this was great! finally, another teenage girl outside of my circle of freinds who sees the problem with sex before marriage. i've got no problem with kissing, but i have very little respect for girls who have sex before they're married. great article, and you're writing style is as good as your message, which isn't always the case ;)

CaseyLeigh This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very inspiring. I loved this piece.

farmgirlie_95 said...
I really appreciate you getting your feelings on this subject out. I wholeheartedly agree with you on this subject and I commend you for posting your opinion on here.

This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 27, 2009 at 11:01 am:
Incredible. I too am waiting for marriage. I just think it's way more romantic that way. Great article! 5 stars.

theflamingorange said...
You make a good point. I'm glad to find an explanation of this that does not include quotations from the bible.

xoxbabygirl123 said...
But it's cute how you involved it with virgin LIPS..haha

xoxbabygirl123 replied...
Oct. 23, 2009 at 8:37 pm :
I'm saving myself as well. And what makes me so sure of myself, is this vision I have. So, in my vision it's my wedding night. And my husband decides to tell me how grateful he is to be a virgin. And how much it means to him that his one true love is his first, and how he wouldn't want it any other way. And if i'm not a virgin...then what? How will I fell about myself? People don't notice this, but once you have sex with someone, your giving them a part of you. You�... (more »)