Stuck in a theater | Teen Ink

Stuck in a theater

By Poet4God DIAMOND, Houston, Texas
Poet4God DIAMOND, Houston, Texas

Romance movies are remarkable. Well, if they contain an ending that you approve of, they are. Have you ever noticed that if a movie didn't exactly end how you wanted it to, you put it on your list of "okay movies" or you just flat out decide you didn't like it. That's because we all have our own preference of how the story should end. Sometimes it's agreed upon with someone else, but we all have our own personal twists we'd like to add to the story. Another exciting thing (besides seeing the actual movie) is getting prepped for it. Girls love to prep for stuff. Half of the time getting ready for stuff is more enjoyable to us than the actual event we attend. So you're at a movie theater, you get your popcorn, huge over-sized drink or Icee & you get all comfortable in your chair. Or if you're at home, you get your favorite blanket & cuddle up on the couch, get the movie started and you realize something.A few minutes in to the movie, You immediately begin pre-assuming how it will end, or at least how you want it to end. Whether it starts out with the people meeting for the first time, or if they are going through a rough time, fighting, spending time apart, whatever it may be. There's only one outcome that everyone wants to leave that room knowing. That it ends happy & the two people are in love. Like I said, we all have our own very special details we'd like to add to the story, but the one common thing that most movie-seers want to see, is a happy ending. If movies didn't have happy endings, how many people do you really think would rush out to go see them? Not a whole lot. Happy endings is where we get a temporary feeling of contentment & somehow intertwine it into our lives by taking that good feeling in the movie and applying it to ourselves. That's why we're satisfied leaving the theater knowing the movie had a good ending. Unfortunately, re-entering reality, we realize that movies are 2 hours long & that our lives go on for quite some time. Not all love stories end happy and how we want them and some do. And sometimes you're like me, in a long distance relationship having to contain much patience and wondering when your story will even come to an end. In this case, the "end" I'm hoping for, is the end of being apart so that we can begin our happy ending.

grasslova GOLD said...
grasslova GOLD, Highland, Utah

When you learn to die, you learn to live - Morrie

oh how interesting! I fully agree! Life how we wish it to be is nearly never reality. Fact of life. :) Thanks!

Lovefairy SILVER, Westminster, Maryland

Why so Serious? - The Joker

I agree, and I felt the same way when I saw "The Time Traveler's Wife".