Why are boys so confusing?

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

anon said...
Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:45 am:
do you know why guys like blonds...it is because lots of blonds are fake blonds...and fake blonds are the girls who try realy hard to look good. if a curly haired brunet or a puts the same amount of effort into clearing skin, dieting, exersizing, and messing with thier hair in the mornings...they can be just as beutiful. in fact...they will have more men swarming them because a super hot curly brunet is so much more rare than a blonde (mostly because hot girls make themselves blonde).

dragonsandthree replied...
Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:51 pm :
I agree with fadevmust.

zoeyysmiles said...
Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:22 pm:
Look, the girls who look for super hot guys to sweep them off their feet, and aren't super hot themselves aren't stupid, they just have too high of standards. I get that, because I have the same problem. That's why I just don't date. Learn to be independent, and you will never get hurt or have to settle for some guy you don't want. Eventually, if you stop searching for love, love with find you and you will end up with the guy you love, sexy or not.

zoeysmiles said...
Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:13 pm:
I'm sorry but I can't see how you could expect that to be a good reply to this article. You might've disproved the bodily features thing, but you just proved how cliche your relationship is, and how to most girls this just proves that only the cheerleaders, no matter how innocent and sweet, are going to get the guy.

Slackerjack said...
I am part of the male gender and I just want to say something, it happens to us too. Actually, it happens quite often. Have you ever heard of the term "friend zoning"? If you havent; its basically considered tourture to us. It is when a very nice girl whom you like seduces you, yet never becomes your girlfriend. Eventually she hooks up with a (for a lack of a better term) douchebag that she found two days ago. It is quite sad really, it happens to me alot.

RandomScreenName said...
...And nobody ever even notices the ginger. lol.

packerbacker12 said...
Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:37 am:
as an unpopular guy i do think that brown hair blue eye girls are cuter than blonde hair girls and i think that green eye girls are cuter than blonde hair blue eye girls i think the reason most popular guys go after the blonde hair blue eyes is because of peer pressure cause they're the most "popular" girls in the school so thats just my thought

khan1215 said...
You're so wrong its not even funny. Do you know what's confusing? Women. You are the mystery. We have to invent all sorts of lies just to keep you happy. And the blonde-hair blue-eye thing is bull. There are some really ugly people like that. Personally, I prefer brunettes anyway. So learn something.

Amy64091 replied...
Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:20 am :
you shouldn't lie just to  keep some one happy

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:46 pm :
I agree with Amy; yes, we're a bit confusing, but you shouldn't have to lie just to keep a relationship in order. Why would you do that? I understand that we girls love compliments, but they don't have to be LIES. Tell her the truth about what you love about her.

FawnTLost said...
I agree with lots of people so far. On an off note all the "popular people" at my school look different. Of course they are some that look alike, but mostly they all have different hair color, different eye color, et cetera. Besides I used to think that the only "good looking" guys in my school were the "popular" ones. Then I met my boyfriend, I'm not popular by the standards set my everyone, but he liked me for being my weird self. Besides lets be honest who ca... (more »)

mrsmusicforlifeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:43 pm :
I do agree that boys are confusing lol. I just don't understand them sometimes. But, I have blonde hair and blue eyes and I am not chased by many boys lol. I don't know if it's just my odd school or what, but it seems like the brunettes get more attention then the blondes. But as for the cheerleader part and the part about how boys are confusig, I personally 100% agree with it. Still, very nice job and very well written.

Ar96 said...
In the movies, the boy prefer a cool, and interesting girl, just that,not the brunette girl, or blonde girl, and in real life, they will also prefer this, they just need time. 

Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:48 pm :
But notice that the nice guys never end up with stuck-up jerks at the end of movies/books, no matter the hair color! It's only the antagonists that end up with jerky girls.

thevoiceoftruth said...
i think shes saying blonde hair and blue eyes, because in most movies the popular girl has those features.

Lisa_Bhadd001 said...
I wonder that

helloworld replied...
Dec. 12, 2012 at 4:42 pm :
that is my exact train of thought. where i go to school, its always the blonde robots who dress alike, listen to the same music, and cheerlead who get the guy. I am a brunette with brown eyes and i get none of the attention. My guy friends say that my eyes are big, beautiful and full of expression, they say im funny or they love hanging out with me, then they are smoochin some skinny mini blondy booby girly girl instead of me. and i attract all the potientail-rapists and wierdos. its like m... (more »)

nileak replied...
Feb. 25, 2013 at 12:39 am :
as an atractive non blonde girl...you are attracting the men who think deeper than "i like blonds because thier popular". if a guy asks you out it is more likely to be because he likes "you" than that he likes your body. because he actually cares how things go between you and doesnt just think of you as a prize, the so called,"wiedo",who is staring you down is trying to see how you react because he needs to be sure you are in to him. this is because he doesnt want t... (more »)

Sabrinaawdi replied...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:24 am :
I have read some articles written by teens and have thoroughly enjoyed them despite the amount of disclosure attached to it. Thanks for creating a zone for teenagers to unleash their feelings and whatever comes to mind. :)

sabrinaawdi replied...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:25 am :
I agree with you dude. 

jocelynlara1j said...
i believe the article is intresting because it makes us realize how sometimes guys are. that they prefer looks over personality and as a matter many people are superficial.