Why are boys so confusing?

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

Britt_Low14 said...
Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:33 am
I resoect your thoughts and views, but this is sterotyping. I don't judge or pre-judge anyone. All boys are different. There are reasons to why they chose whom they pick. Everyone has different tastes and styles.

Krian This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 13, 2013 at 1:13 am
While I respect your views, this article is an example of what is called a stereotype. 

athenianstar said...
Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:39 am
Well it depends on the kind of guy you are talking about. Just find someone who likes you for hu you are

J1029This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
See that's the problem athenianstar. Guys don't get to know you unless you are pretty or popular.

TargonTheDragonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:27 am
the millisecond i read the title "why are boys so confusing" i thought to my self...."no, the title should be, why are GIRLS so confusing!"

blonde and geeky said...
Are you seriously steriotyping people like this? I'm a cheerleader, blonde, and a mega nerd. I am proudly the member of several fandoms, and can quote harry potter and doctor who on conmand. I hate it when people assume that I'm a dumb stuck-up bitch just becasue I'm a blonde cheerleader. 

SilentNinjaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Haha I love Harry potter too

SmileOnThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I just wanted to say that is not entirely true. I'm blonde, and I am very unpopular. In fact, the most popular people in my school are brunettes! So saying that guys always go for the blondes isn't true. I find that almost insulting to blondes to say that we get all the boys.

anon said...
Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:45 am
do you know why guys like blonds...it is because lots of blonds are fake blonds...and fake blonds are the girls who try realy hard to look good. if a curly haired brunet or a puts the same amount of effort into clearing skin, dieting, exersizing, and messing with thier hair in the mornings...they can be just as beutiful. in fact...they will have more men swarming them because a super hot curly brunet is so much more rare than a blonde (mostly because hot girls make themselves blonde).

fadevmust replied...
You sir clearly have no experience with women. You cannot assume that just because someone is a brunnette, she does not take care of herself or put in effort to look good. The things you have mention are all shallow and just skin deep, and truly should not matter. Also, do yourself a favor and learn to spell.

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
All of that makeup does not matter at all. You should be loving a girl for who she is on the inside. Beauty is just a plus.

dragonsandthree replied...
I agree with fadevmust.

zoeyysmiles said...
Look, the girls who look for super hot guys to sweep them off their feet, and aren't super hot themselves aren't stupid, they just have too high of standards. I get that, because I have the same problem. That's why I just don't date. Learn to be independent, and you will never get hurt or have to settle for some guy you don't want. Eventually, if you stop searching for love, love with find you and you will end up with the guy you love, sexy or not.

zoeysmiles said...
I'm sorry but I can't see how you could expect that to be a good reply to this article. You might've disproved the bodily features thing, but you just proved how cliche your relationship is, and how to most girls this just proves that only the cheerleaders, no matter how innocent and sweet, are going to get the guy.

Slackerjack said...
I am part of the male gender and I just want to say something, it happens to us too. Actually, it happens quite often. Have you ever heard of the term "friend zoning"? If you havent; its basically considered tourture to us. It is when a very nice girl whom you like seduces you, yet never becomes your girlfriend. Eventually she hooks up with a (for a lack of a better term) douchebag that she found two days ago. It is quite sad really, it happens to me alot.

RandomScreenName said...
...And nobody ever even notices the ginger. lol.

packerbacker12 said...
Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:37 am
as an unpopular guy i do think that brown hair blue eye girls are cuter than blonde hair girls and i think that green eye girls are cuter than blonde hair blue eye girls i think the reason most popular guys go after the blonde hair blue eyes is because of peer pressure cause they're the most "popular" girls in the school so thats just my thought

khan1215 said...
You're so wrong its not even funny. Do you know what's confusing? Women. You are the mystery. We have to invent all sorts of lies just to keep you happy. And the blonde-hair blue-eye thing is bull. There are some really ugly people like that. Personally, I prefer brunettes anyway. So learn something.

Amy64091 replied...
Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:20 am
you shouldn't lie just to  keep some one happy

I agree with Amy; yes, we're a bit confusing, but you shouldn't have to lie just to keep a relationship in order. Why would you do that? I understand that we girls love compliments, but they don't have to be LIES. Tell her the truth about what you love about her.