Why are boys so confusing?

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

TheEleventhHour This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
ok while i do not want to sound rude towards you and your opinions, this article assumes a lot of stuff, and a lot of it isnt true. i mean, i have blonde hair and blue eyes, and so do two of my best friends, and its not like just because of that all the boys like us. and people are always saying teenage boys dont care about personality and all they care about is looks, and although i am a girl, on behalf of boys, i know that a lot of them do care about a girls personality. i get frustrated with ... (more »)

Childofthemind replied...
May 12, 2013 at 12:33 am
HaHa I think this article is good but I find it amusing because I am a guy and I feel the exact same way about girls. why do they always go for the "hot" guys?

Dash said...
May 1, 2013 at 3:00 am
I surrender with my ego as a man. Nothing can be truer than this one.

NinoM said...
Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:38 am
Really liked the piece, though I (as a boy) can say that looks is definitely not the first thing I (consciously) look for.  Having someone attractive is great, son't get me wrong, but personality is the biggest thing for me (it's kind of bad, I admit, but I cannot date someone who's not at least close to on par with my intellegence (and yes, I realize how arrogant I sound right now).

dragonsandthree replied...
I agree. We both sound fairly arrogant.

nicoWM7 replied...
Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:16 am
I like how both of you think :P

dragonsandthree replied...
Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:12 am
Thank you.

Niquel replied...
Yeah, you don't sound arrogant. Trust me, some the attractive guys I do are as dumb as a box of rocks, and I can't stand them no matter how handsome they look.

dragonsandthree said...
   This makes me think of something that I heard (or maybe read) once. 'If you go into a relationship only for looks, then it will inevidently fail'. This may not always be the case, but it does seem true most of the time. The words flow beautifully on this article, but there are a few sterotypes. The first is that you make it seem like all girl with blond hair and blue eyes are self-absorbed bubbleheads (sorry if that offended anybody). But one of my friends has the same eye/h... (more »)

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I don't want to sound rude, but i think that there is alot of assumption in this article. I know several people (alothoug i;m not one of them) that fall under alot of the details you mentioned. Blonds, blue eyes, cheeleaders--physical appearence can in no way dictate a persons personality. 

Britt_Low14 said...
Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:33 am
I resoect your thoughts and views, but this is sterotyping. I don't judge or pre-judge anyone. All boys are different. There are reasons to why they chose whom they pick. Everyone has different tastes and styles.

Krian This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 13, 2013 at 1:13 am
While I respect your views, this article is an example of what is called a stereotype. 

athenianstar said...
Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:39 am
Well it depends on the kind of guy you are talking about. Just find someone who likes you for hu you are

J1029 replied...
See that's the problem athenianstar. Guys don't get to know you unless you are pretty or popular.

TargonTheDragonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:27 am
the millisecond i read the title "why are boys so confusing" i thought to my self...."no, the title should be, why are GIRLS so confusing!"

blonde and geeky said...
Are you seriously steriotyping people like this? I'm a cheerleader, blonde, and a mega nerd. I am proudly the member of several fandoms, and can quote harry potter and doctor who on conmand. I hate it when people assume that I'm a dumb stuck-up bitch just becasue I'm a blonde cheerleader. 

SilentNinjaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Haha I love Harry potter too

SmileOn said...
I just wanted to say that is not entirely true. I'm blonde, and I am very unpopular. In fact, the most popular people in my school are brunettes! So saying that guys always go for the blondes isn't true. I find that almost insulting to blondes to say that we get all the boys.

anon said...
Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:45 am
do you know why guys like blonds...it is because lots of blonds are fake blonds...and fake blonds are the girls who try realy hard to look good. if a curly haired brunet or a puts the same amount of effort into clearing skin, dieting, exersizing, and messing with thier hair in the mornings...they can be just as beutiful. in fact...they will have more men swarming them because a super hot curly brunet is so much more rare than a blonde (mostly because hot girls make themselves blonde).

fadevmust replied...
You sir clearly have no experience with women. You cannot assume that just because someone is a brunnette, she does not take care of herself or put in effort to look good. The things you have mention are all shallow and just skin deep, and truly should not matter. Also, do yourself a favor and learn to spell.

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
All of that makeup does not matter at all. You should be loving a girl for who she is on the inside. Beauty is just a plus.