Why are boys so confusing?

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

blonde and geeky said...
Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:00 pm:
Are you seriously steriotyping people like this? I'm a cheerleader, blonde, and a mega nerd. I am proudly the member of several fandoms, and can quote harry potter and doctor who on conmand. I hate it when people assume that I'm a dumb stuck-up bitch just becasue I'm a blonde cheerleader. 

SilentNinja This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 10, 2013 at 3:43 pm :
Haha I love Harry potter too

SmileOn said...
Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:12 pm:
I just wanted to say that is not entirely true. I'm blonde, and I am very unpopular. In fact, the most popular people in my school are brunettes! So saying that guys always go for the blondes isn't true. I find that almost insulting to blondes to say that we get all the boys.

anon said...
Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:45 am:
do you know why guys like blonds...it is because lots of blonds are fake blonds...and fake blonds are the girls who try realy hard to look good. if a curly haired brunet or a puts the same amount of effort into clearing skin, dieting, exersizing, and messing with thier hair in the mornings...they can be just as beutiful. in fact...they will have more men swarming them because a super hot curly brunet is so much more rare than a blonde (mostly because hot girls make themselves blonde).

fadevmust replied...
Mar. 12, 2013 at 2:02 pm :
You sir clearly have no experience with women. You cannot assume that just because someone is a brunnette, she does not take care of herself or put in effort to look good. The things you have mention are all shallow and just skin deep, and truly should not matter. Also, do yourself a favor and learn to spell.

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:42 pm :
All of that makeup does not matter at all. You should be loving a girl for who she is on the inside. Beauty is just a plus.

dragonsandthree replied...
Apr. 28, 2013 at 8:51 pm :
I agree with fadevmust.

zoeyysmiles said...
Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:22 pm:
Look, the girls who look for super hot guys to sweep them off their feet, and aren't super hot themselves aren't stupid, they just have too high of standards. I get that, because I have the same problem. That's why I just don't date. Learn to be independent, and you will never get hurt or have to settle for some guy you don't want. Eventually, if you stop searching for love, love with find you and you will end up with the guy you love, sexy or not.

zoeysmiles said...
Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:13 pm:
I'm sorry but I can't see how you could expect that to be a good reply to this article. You might've disproved the bodily features thing, but you just proved how cliche your relationship is, and how to most girls this just proves that only the cheerleaders, no matter how innocent and sweet, are going to get the guy.

Slackerjack said...
I am part of the male gender and I just want to say something, it happens to us too. Actually, it happens quite often. Have you ever heard of the term "friend zoning"? If you havent; its basically considered tourture to us. It is when a very nice girl whom you like seduces you, yet never becomes your girlfriend. Eventually she hooks up with a (for a lack of a better term) douchebag that she found two days ago. It is quite sad really, it happens to me alot.

RandomScreenName said...
...And nobody ever even notices the ginger. lol.

packerbacker12 said...
Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:37 am:
as an unpopular guy i do think that brown hair blue eye girls are cuter than blonde hair girls and i think that green eye girls are cuter than blonde hair blue eye girls i think the reason most popular guys go after the blonde hair blue eyes is because of peer pressure cause they're the most "popular" girls in the school so thats just my thought

khan1215 said...
You're so wrong its not even funny. Do you know what's confusing? Women. You are the mystery. We have to invent all sorts of lies just to keep you happy. And the blonde-hair blue-eye thing is bull. There are some really ugly people like that. Personally, I prefer brunettes anyway. So learn something.

Amy64091 replied...
Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:20 am :
you shouldn't lie just to  keep some one happy

Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:46 pm :
I agree with Amy; yes, we're a bit confusing, but you shouldn't have to lie just to keep a relationship in order. Why would you do that? I understand that we girls love compliments, but they don't have to be LIES. Tell her the truth about what you love about her.

FawnTLost said...
I agree with lots of people so far. On an off note all the "popular people" at my school look different. Of course they are some that look alike, but mostly they all have different hair color, different eye color, et cetera. Besides I used to think that the only "good looking" guys in my school were the "popular" ones. Then I met my boyfriend, I'm not popular by the standards set my everyone, but he liked me for being my weird self. Besides lets be honest who ca... (more »)

mrsmusicforlifeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:43 pm :
I do agree that boys are confusing lol. I just don't understand them sometimes. But, I have blonde hair and blue eyes and I am not chased by many boys lol. I don't know if it's just my odd school or what, but it seems like the brunettes get more attention then the blondes. But as for the cheerleader part and the part about how boys are confusig, I personally 100% agree with it. Still, very nice job and very well written.

Ar96 said...
In the movies, the boy prefer a cool, and interesting girl, just that,not the brunette girl, or blonde girl, and in real life, they will also prefer this, they just need time. 

Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:48 pm :
But notice that the nice guys never end up with stuck-up jerks at the end of movies/books, no matter the hair color! It's only the antagonists that end up with jerky girls.

thevoiceoftruth said...
i think shes saying blonde hair and blue eyes, because in most movies the popular girl has those features.