Why are boys so confusing?

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

Sky-sky said...
This is so true your great at the stories

Lexi_the_bullied_girl said...
That is so true there's thisboy I like but he likes a different girl-she's blonde-what do I do

DawnieRae said...
Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:09 am:
I like this article, a lot. I think that we all sometimes like people who are attractive. I do too, but its really sad because they never like me back.... The other thing i wanted to say is that boys and/or girls are not confusing. I think its because we are different from each other and we cant understand the way the other thinks. Of couse that's only my opinion. :)  

bcakex1 said...
all of these comments are correct. i personally think that the guys you are talking about are simply stupid. a girl can be pretty, but does she really care about a guy or anything? most times not. i see girls everyday that date guys just to be able to say "i have a boyfriend." i mean, i respect your opinions just like everybody else, but i just dont feel the same way. when i like a girl i ask myself "does or will she even care?" looks are not what defines a person. a nice per... (more »)

Niquel said...
Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:16 pm:
While I agree this is true, it's the same on our end, too. As people, we're unconciously more attracted to "attractive" people. I feel increasingly bad for nice guys who aren't attractive that dote over twig-thin girls who won't give them the time of day. In this scenario, it's equal on both end. The guy goes for the pretty girl, but she doesn't want someone who isn't handsome. I think all people are like this to at least some degree.

IMSteelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 20, 2013 at 4:26 pm:
I am homeschooled, and so I have no idea what you mean by, "boys always go for the 'cute,' girls."  It is the character inside that determines a person, not the outer shell.   

bcakex1 replied...
Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:50 am :
thats true!

AliMotamedi said...
May 18, 2013 at 2:03 am:
now as a guy i can't help but feel the same about you girls. but over time i have learned many things icluding the fact that you can't judge a group of people by the actions of one or a few members. i get it for a girl it must be very difficult to understand the psychology of a guy. but lets be a little fair to each other once in a while! :D 

TheEleventhHour This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 9, 2013 at 8:45 pm:
ok while i do not want to sound rude towards you and your opinions, this article assumes a lot of stuff, and a lot of it isnt true. i mean, i have blonde hair and blue eyes, and so do two of my best friends, and its not like just because of that all the boys like us. and people are always saying teenage boys dont care about personality and all they care about is looks, and although i am a girl, on behalf of boys, i know that a lot of them do care about a girls personality. i get frustrated with ... (more »)

SilentNinjaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 10, 2013 at 3:41 pm :
Agreed :) you are definitely not like that

Childofthemind replied...
May 12, 2013 at 12:33 am :
HaHa I think this article is good but I find it amusing because I am a guy and I feel the exact same way about girls. why do they always go for the "hot" guys?

Dash said...
May 1, 2013 at 3:00 am:
I surrender with my ego as a man. Nothing can be truer than this one.

NinoM said...
Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:38 am:
Really liked the piece, though I (as a boy) can say that looks is definitely not the first thing I (consciously) look for.  Having someone attractive is great, son't get me wrong, but personality is the biggest thing for me (it's kind of bad, I admit, but I cannot date someone who's not at least close to on par with my intellegence (and yes, I realize how arrogant I sound right now).

dragonsandthree replied...
Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:22 pm :
I agree. We both sound fairly arrogant.

nicoWM7 replied...
Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:16 am :
I like how both of you think :P

dragonsandthree replied...
Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:12 am :
Thank you.

Niquel replied...
Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:19 pm :
Yeah, you don't sound arrogant. Trust me, some the attractive guys I do are as dumb as a box of rocks, and I can't stand them no matter how handsome they look.

dragonsandthree said...
   This makes me think of something that I heard (or maybe read) once. 'If you go into a relationship only for looks, then it will inevidently fail'. This may not always be the case, but it does seem true most of the time. The words flow beautifully on this article, but there are a few sterotypes. The first is that you make it seem like all girl with blond hair and blue eyes are self-absorbed bubbleheads (sorry if that offended anybody). But one of my friends has the same eye/h... (more »)

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I don't want to sound rude, but i think that there is alot of assumption in this article. I know several people (alothoug i;m not one of them) that fall under alot of the details you mentioned. Blonds, blue eyes, cheeleaders--physical appearence can in no way dictate a persons personality. 

Britt_Low14 said...
Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:33 am:
I resoect your thoughts and views, but this is sterotyping. I don't judge or pre-judge anyone. All boys are different. There are reasons to why they chose whom they pick. Everyone has different tastes and styles.