Why are boys so confusing?

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

RedheadAtHeart This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I would just like to add that we blondes are jealous of brunettes sometimes too.

DrSuessandUnicorns replied...
Apr. 17, 2011 at 8:26 pm :
Agreed. Ever since blonde jokes...

alexandria replied...
May 18, 2011 at 6:28 pm :
haha soooo funny :) ( ever since blonde joke)  p.s i know some blondes and they are not jelous of me ( i'm a brunette)

angelface0:) replied...
Jul. 12, 2011 at 12:08 pm :
^ just cuz you have brown hair doesnt mean everyone is going to be jelous of you... and not to be a snob, but people are jelous of me, i have brown hair hazel/gold eyes and im 5'2'' only shallow ppl are going to be jelous of some one for what they have or what they look like.

HopelessRomantic1 said...
I have brown hair and green eyes too, and so does my boyfriend.  Any guy who only goes for the blonde hair and blue eyed perfect bodied girls is stupid.  Find someone who loves you for everything about you!! P.S. i can totally relate to this though, my ex is with one of those girls, so therefore, he is stupid :)

alexandria replied...
May 18, 2011 at 6:30 pm :
ahhh you are soo lucky my mom won't even let me date :(   p.s your ex is really really really stupid but i am happy you have a boyfriend :)

HopelessRomantic1 replied...
May 18, 2011 at 9:17 pm :
aww :) you are so sweet :) i have a lot of friends who can't date, but i'm sure that you will find the right guy, and if, when you are allowed to date, someone doesn't love you for you, just remember that he's not good enough. (And with today's teenage boys, we all know that there are a lot of jerks out there) (i wrote an essay about those mean boys and posted it, it's called boys get some manners... PLEASE COMMENT <3)

angelface0:) replied...
Jul. 12, 2011 at 12:16 pm :
my best friend has blonde hair and blue eyes and i nice figure.. i guess, im not a lesbo. but shes also a really sweet and caring person. so, stfu :)

HammiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
i have dark hair and green eyes and im doing fine

normgrl said...
Mar. 30, 2011 at 1:47 pm:

Well, that's rather stereotypical. Yes, a majority of the male population prefers cute rather than brains. However, there are also the type of guys who care more about a girl's personality -- if she can make him laugh...smart...caring...

All you have to do is open your eyes and look. Remember: Don't judge a book by its cover.

The right guy, the one who will love you for who you are, might be just around the corner. You just have to put aside whatever insecurity or what no... (more »)

lovetowrite22 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 2, 2011 at 6:07 pm :
i completely agree with this. many, many guys are stupid and only go for looks, but you have your boys that like girls for who they are. very well stated comment, normgrl.

normgrl replied...
Apr. 3, 2011 at 2:00 pm :

Thanks lovetowrite22. :) 

...sigh...just gotta open your eyes...

Apr. 4, 2011 at 8:54 pm :
haha ya anytime! and i know:( ughhh.

Forrest L. replied...
Apr. 10, 2011 at 8:32 pm :
Well said. Im a guy and I have to agree with this. As we get older it gets different. AND we actually do get more mature and open our eyes beyond a girl's beauty. 

normgrl replied...
Apr. 11, 2011 at 8:42 pm :
yep...i guess it just takes awhile for most, right? but you get there soon enough to sweep the girl off her feet ;)

ssilikepie said...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 5:47 pm:

I know that feeling and i agree 110% just because the boy has to feel popular so they always go out with the girls that are only pretty on the outside and they are ugly on the inside

Faey101 replied...
Apr. 2, 2011 at 12:09 am :
I know that feeling to but all u need to do is be yourself... if he doesn't fall for it.. well.. he's missing out and obviously isn't the one for you... maybe..;)

skdjfhsal said...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 5:08 pm:
Everybody thinks that. Just because I am blonde, blue eyed, straight A, and petite does not mean I get the guys I want. The guy I want is too much of a wimp to say anything. The guys that do like me, I am not going to hurt them by dating them when I like some1 else.

sweetypie said...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 12:07 am:

what if guys always go for you when you got a boyfriend guys are confusing

princess6 said...
Mar. 16, 2011 at 4:40 pm:
I'm a petite (5'4) brown haired and brown eyed girl. I have guys liking me, and maybe if I gave them the time of day I would have a boyfriend..and yes most of the guys are attractive. My poiint is it isn't all based on hair color some guys like brunettes/black hair  others like blondes and others redheads and for eye color I used to kill for colored eyes like blue or green, so consider yourself lucky but i've learned to like my eyes and to realize that my big brown eyes stand they out much ... (more »)