Why are boys so confusing?

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

Archangel1410 said...
With all due respect, of course, but you can switch this article around and make it "why are girls so confusing" and just change the words from guy to girl because some girls are the exact same way. Guys arent the only ones either. 

MKimmi replied...
LOL I guess that would be nice to read, thought I would sympathetic with the girls side...seeing I'm a girl and not very likely to get a guy

whateverjuliet said...
i feel the same way!

Forrest L. said...
With all due respect this counts for about 5% of guys. Kind of stereotypical. I see what you are getting at. I know some guys that are like that. BUT we dont ALWAYS go for the pretty girls.

normgrl replied...
amen to that ;)

RedheadAtHeart This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I would just like to add that we blondes are jealous of brunettes sometimes too.

DrSuessandUnicorns replied...
Agreed. Ever since blonde jokes...

alexandria replied...
haha soooo funny :) ( ever since blonde joke)  p.s i know some blondes and they are not jelous of me ( i'm a brunette)

angelface0:) replied...
^ just cuz you have brown hair doesnt mean everyone is going to be jelous of you... and not to be a snob, but people are jelous of me, i have brown hair hazel/gold eyes and im 5'2'' only shallow ppl are going to be jelous of some one for what they have or what they look like.

HopelessRomantic1 said...
I have brown hair and green eyes too, and so does my boyfriend.  Any guy who only goes for the blonde hair and blue eyed perfect bodied girls is stupid.  Find someone who loves you for everything about you!! P.S. i can totally relate to this though, my ex is with one of those girls, so therefore, he is stupid :)

alexandria replied...
ahhh you are soo lucky my mom won't even let me date :(   p.s your ex is really really really stupid but i am happy you have a boyfriend :)

HopelessRomantic1 replied...
aww :) you are so sweet :) i have a lot of friends who can't date, but i'm sure that you will find the right guy, and if, when you are allowed to date, someone doesn't love you for you, just remember that he's not good enough. (And with today's teenage boys, we all know that there are a lot of jerks out there) (i wrote an essay about those mean boys and posted it, it's called boys get some manners... PLEASE COMMENT <3)

angelface0:) replied...
my best friend has blonde hair and blue eyes and i nice figure.. i guess, im not a lesbo. but shes also a really sweet and caring person. so, stfu :)

Hammi said...
i have dark hair and green eyes and im doing fine

normgrl said...

Well, that's rather stereotypical. Yes, a majority of the male population prefers cute rather than brains. However, there are also the type of guys who care more about a girl's personality -- if she can make him laugh...smart...caring...

All you have to do is open your eyes and look. Remember: Don't judge a book by its cover.

The right guy, the one who will love you for who you are, might be just around the corner. You just have to put aside whatever insecurity or what no... (more »)

lovetowrite22 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
i completely agree with this. many, many guys are stupid and only go for looks, but you have your boys that like girls for who they are. very well stated comment, normgrl.

normgrl replied...

Thanks lovetowrite22. :) 

...sigh...just gotta open your eyes...

haha ya anytime! and i know:( ughhh.

Forrest L. replied...
Well said. Im a guy and I have to agree with this. As we get older it gets different. AND we actually do get more mature and open our eyes beyond a girl's beauty. 

normgrl replied...
yep...i guess it just takes awhile for most, right? but you get there soon enough to sweep the girl off her feet ;)