Love is . . . | Teen Ink

Love is . . .

July 16, 2009
By Anonymous

It’s 5:32 in the afternoon and there’s nothing else better to do so I decided to make an article regarding our english project. Honestly, I find it so hard to think of a topic to write about but suddenly there is something comes into my mind.

I’m too confused at this very moment. Too many thoughts such as projects, homeworks, review for the quizzes on monday and if I’m going to attend our make-up class on Saturday. Plenty of school works, right!? And it’s really exhausting. I feel so restless. Aside from thinking the things that you have to accomplish and prioritize like school works, you still have to think about the unimportant things.

Do you guys know the real meaning of love? I guess for me, love has no definite meaning, there’s no right or wrong and even exact definition to it. Everyone can define love. Everyone has its own meaning and own ways on how they sees love. Despite the fact that we don’t wait for love to come, its still goes along to us unexpectedly; however, it also vanished like a bubble all of a sudden.

The story goes like this . . .

I had my second boyfriend named John (not the real name). We’ve been together for almost a year, 1 year and 3 months, specifically. We’ve been gone that far because of him. Yeah, you heard it right. John is such a wonderful person I’ve ever met in my entire life. His love for me was really unconditional and undying, I must say. He has a long patience because everytime we fight or argue some things he remains calm and still trying to understand me even though it’s my fault anyway. He did everything just for me. He sacrificed a lot of things just for me. And there are only about few things that I gave to him in return. Yeah, I admit I’m so selfish. I only think about myself. And until the very end, he still fights for what he believes in. Even though I refused him many times and pushing him away over and over again, he still has the courage to try at least. I don’t care about his feelings and I only care about mine. I loved him but my love for him doesn’t last because I find love as “nakakasawa”. I mean, getting a 1 year relationship is such a good thing but there some time that you are seeking for another love even though you are committed to someone.

To make the story short, the lesson that I’ve learned was to value and appreciate things that others are doing for you. Don’t just ignore the effort of that person who tries to keep in touch. People get tired. It’s not all the time that they hold on. Don’t take them for granted because they are one of the special people that God has given you, perfectly for you. God knows what you deserve and what you deserve to be.