Teenage Love?

By Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey
Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

on Feb. 7 at 11:50 am
thefanfictionwritingsidekick02 SILVER, Holly Springs, North Carolina

"Just because something works doesn't mean it can't be improved."
-Shuri

Definitely I believe in teenage love. I also believe in love at any age- my policy is you're never too young to love, but you can be too young to kiss.

Learner SILVER said...
on Jan. 20 at 6:01 am
Learner SILVER, Vancouver, Columbia

“There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.” ~Christopher Morley

love is by nature. Because you cannot force someone to love you. So, love can occur in any age wether its teenager love or adult love. love means that both couples share their personal problems and help each other out in every difficult situation.

i love this !

on Aug. 9 2017 at 3:39 am
WriteFreak BRONZE, London, Other

"Everybody lies." - Hugh Laurie, House MD.

It is real. Not all teenage relationships will last, so that may be the argument for "It isn't real" But if the relationship lasts, then of course there is love. It is rare, but if you find the special person, then teenage love is real, just like any type of love. Parents, teenagers are not aliens! We can have love too!

on Mar. 10 2017 at 5:25 pm
AshantiAguero97, Farmington, New Mexico
I have to agree what that statement. Teenage love does exist. Its just hard to find that love in this generation. I mean it's hard to find one person who will try in the relationship and will not play around in it. Most guys and girls think love is being together for a short period of time or finding someone to play around with or just making that person do what they want. No. That's not what love is. Honestly, what i think love is something that two people share and how those two people work hard and give that relationship their all. But other than that, Love is finding that one person who loves you for you and will stay with you no matter what you both go through.

on Dec. 8 2016 at 1:44 pm
b00kw0rm4 SILVER, Sacramento, California

Be who you wanna be..... don't let people's opinion control the best of you.

Teenage love is real. Is really lovely. This story represent it.

on Jun. 10 2016 at 7:05 am
Tallula77 PLATINUM, Cork, Other

With shortness of breath, I'll explain the infinite- how rare and beautiful it is that we exist
By sleeping at last

I think teenage love exists. It doesn't come to people often though because two people that are truly mature have to meet. It is not easy to get a relationship through all the school years because other people's opinions will be thrown upon you.

on Apr. 22 2016 at 7:13 pm
itsrainingcats GOLD, East Hampton, Connecticut

"Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Suess

I know a middle aged couple that have known each other since they were in elementary school, and the like just changed to love later in their lives. I think it totally depends on the person and whether they're mature enough to realize what true love is, and know that they are in it. A best friend might become the love of your life.

Goteeem said...
on Apr. 1 2016 at 2:52 pm
Goteeem,
I do agree teenage love is real

Josh27 said...
on Apr. 1 2016 at 10:37 am
I do not dismiss teenage love I wait for the right girl that it's for my I cannot stress myself because I do not have a girlfriend I take and enjoy my time waiting for the right one.

RatherNotSay said...
on Nov. 22 2015 at 9:04 pm
My best friend talks about his girlfriend all the time. I can tell you that he is in love. He demonstrates the purest definition of the word. His eyes are bright when he talks about her and he's only 18 years old. I don't think love knows age. It just might take it's time to find some people.

paerris SILVER said...
on Nov. 10 2015 at 8:44 pm
paerris SILVER, Dededo, Other
8 articles 1 photo 1 comment

"Embrace your originality, a life that does not revolve around conformity is often a life that feels content."
-x

I think the reason why a lot of adults dismiss teen love is because it's often mixed up with lust.

on Nov. 2 2015 at 8:42 am
ScarletCity PLATINUM, High Ridge, Missouri
Love can exist but not all dating high school couples are in Love. Love and Like are not the same. @BabySnickers15

on Oct. 28 2015 at 11:52 am
BabySnickers15 SILVER, Columbus, Ohio

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying" ~Michael Jordan~
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" ~Franklin Delano Roosevelt~

Yes love can exist in High School but it is NOT technically love more as "Playground Romance" @starcatcher1 @ScarletCity

on Oct. 27 2015 at 8:54 pm
CAN, but not always. I think getting myself into a two week relationship is just plain stupid. It will probably end painfully, so why get involved so young?

starcatcher1 said...
on Oct. 19 2015 at 7:04 pm
starcatcher1, Springfield, Missouri
I think love can exist in high school, but a lot of the time it isn't actual "love". Two people may like each other and be attracted to each other, but it isn't the same as being in love. Maybe I am not qualified to be writing this. I myself am 14. I've never dated anyone, much less been in love.

on Oct. 16 2015 at 7:34 am
charisma25 BRONZE, Houston, Texas

softball is life

I can relate to that I thought I knew all about relationship in high school but all I did was get hurt and called ungly and I had one bf that wanted to do bad thing to me and I didn't like It, so I kno where u coming from

Revosok said...
on Jul. 31 2015 at 1:04 pm
Revosok, Bvnbv, Connecticut
It depends, if you have known the person for several years and developed whatever relationship you have, then maybe that may be true love. But if you change your girlfriend/boyfriend like you change clothes, then that is not "true love".

on May. 24 2015 at 12:31 am
Jhaymie Felicia, Valenzuela, Other
i admire those couples who's open to each other even though they have different perspectives in life. In fact, it depends on how they will face and handle those challenges. age doesn't matter right? but if you trust each other you'll see true love.

on May. 19 2015 at 12:05 pm
AshleySD BRONZE, Campbell, California
1 article 1 photo 90 comments
I trust your judgment and you seem smart enough to stay out of trouble. Good luck and I hope it works out.

Parkland Book