Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

Revosok said...
today at 1:04 pm
It depends, if you have known the person for several years and developed whatever relationship you have, then maybe that may be true love. But if you change your girlfriend/boyfriend like you change clothes, then that is not "true love".

Jhaymie F. said...
May 24 at 12:31 am
i admire those couples who's open to each other even though they have different perspectives in life. In fact, it depends on how they will face and handle those challenges. age doesn't matter right? but if you trust each other you'll see true love.

AshleySDThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 18 at 12:12 pm
I am in love. I'm thirteen. I love my best friend. We have known each other since we were infants, so we've had plenty of time to get to know each other haha. So keep that in mind if you think that people can't fall in love early.

SINDORA said...
Apr. 25 at 8:22 am
OH MY COMMENTS IS TO LEARN EDUCATION AND YOU?

SINDORA said...
Apr. 25 at 8:20 am
idon't have

LittleRedDeliriousPrinceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 17 at 11:48 am
I believe in teenage love, and I think that love during the teenage years is the most beautiful love of all, because at this point we aren't as bothered by the many responsibilities that adults have. Our minds haven't been as changed or shaped by reason or by what people tell us, because as teenagers, we sometimes try to do the opposite of what our parents want just for the sake of doing it, so we won't listen. That's why I think teenage love is the best love that you could ever experience. You'... (more »)

ABPippinsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 14 at 12:40 pm
Age may just be a number to some, and you can't put a number on love. For example, my boyfriend is 23 and I am 17. My parents are okay with our relationship because we have no physical contact as he in Maryland and I in Texas. I graduate high school in June. To say teenagers have no concept of what real love is is to limit a teenager's possibilities. Excellently written and I couldn't agree more.

AshleySDThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 18 at 12:09 pm
While I think it's great that you have found a relationship that works, I would recommend breaking up. I don't mean to offend you by this and if I did I am sorry. I probably don't know the whole story. But you two have a fairly large age difference and live in different states, and there are plenty of people your age living in your state that would treat you well and be a good boyfriend. And since some kind of physical contact is important in any relationship, I would recommend finding someone c... (more »)

ABPippinsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 19 at 8:38 am
I have no desire to date anyone close to my age. I don't want to deal with the immaturity and uncertainty of a future. He knows what he wants to do and is working towards that and is more than willing to support me in my work. You don't have to worry about offending me because this is all opinion based and I don't feel it's right to try and change the way somebody perceives a certain thing. In response to the age difference, my mom and dad had a very similar, slightly less, age difference (Mom w... (more »)

May 19 at 12:05 pm
I trust your judgment and you seem smart enough to stay out of trouble. Good luck and I hope it works out.

SilverInkThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 2 at 3:40 am
I don't n I agree with u........

May 18 at 12:10 pm
Good to know, please explain why if you want anyone to agree with you.

Jessica A. said...
Jan. 26 at 10:09 am
I love romance novels.

nelehjrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 17 at 12:06 am
It just needs to be more argumentative. WHY do you feel this way? What are some more things to support your reasoning?

Brian110This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hey readers I am not realy trying to "steal this peice's thunder" but if you beleive that teen love doesn't exist, you should read my peice "life is only so happy without love" I mean it, it will change your mind about it, trust me.

Proudheart said...
I think that teenaged love exists, it just is harder for people sometimes to identify if what they are feeling is, in fact, love. I love your take on this.

Bekahbooo3 said...
Dec. 5, 2014 at 10:17 am
This article is very true and I agree with both sides. Some kids jump in too fast. All though you could be in love in high school. The right person could be just sooner than later.

Teen age love is very real. I just submitet a peice about my love for another today befor reading this!  

DarkestMinds replied...
Dec. 1, 2014 at 8:36 am
cool thats great

Brian110This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
ohh.... Why thank you. Do you love someone?