Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

WriteFreakThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 9 at 3:39 am
It is real. Not all teenage relationships will last, so that may be the argument for "It isn't real" But if the relationship lasts, then of course there is love. It is rare, but if you find the special person, then teenage love is real, just like any type of love. Parents, teenagers are not aliens! We can have love too!

AshantiAguero97 said...
Mar. 10 at 5:25 pm
I have to agree what that statement. Teenage love does exist. Its just hard to find that love in this generation. I mean it's hard to find one person who will try in the relationship and will not play around in it. Most guys and girls think love is being together for a short period of time or finding someone to play around with or just making that person do what they want. No. That's not what love is. Honestly, what i think love is something that two people share and how those two people work ha... (more »)

uriahonfire said...
Teenage love is real. Is really lovely. This story represent it.

Tallula77This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 10, 2016 at 7:05 am
I think teenage love exists. It doesn't come to people often though because two people that are truly mature have to meet. It is not easy to get a relationship through all the school years because other people's opinions will be thrown upon you.

itsrainingcats This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I know a middle aged couple that have known each other since they were in elementary school, and the like just changed to love later in their lives. I think it totally depends on the person and whether they're mature enough to realize what true love is, and know that they are in it. A best friend might become the love of your life.

Goteeem said...
I do agree teenage love is real

Josh27 said...
Apr. 1, 2016 at 10:37 am
I do not dismiss teenage love I wait for the right girl that it's for my I cannot stress myself because I do not have a girlfriend I take and enjoy my time waiting for the right one.

RatherNotSay said...
My best friend talks about his girlfriend all the time. I can tell you that he is in love. He demonstrates the purest definition of the word. His eyes are bright when he talks about her and he's only 18 years old. I don't think love knows age. It just might take it's time to find some people.

paerris said...
I think the reason why a lot of adults dismiss teen love is because it's often mixed up with lust.

ScarletCity This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 2, 2015 at 8:42 am
Love can exist but not all dating high school couples are in Love. Love and Like are not the same. @BabySnickers15

BabySnickers15 said...
Oct. 28, 2015 at 11:52 am
Yes love can exist in High School but it is NOT technically love more as "Playground Romance" @starcatcher1 @ScarletCity

starcatcher1 said...
I think love can exist in high school, but a lot of the time it isn't actual "love". Two people may like each other and be attracted to each other, but it isn't the same as being in love. Maybe I am not qualified to be writing this. I myself am 14. I've never dated anyone, much less been in love.

ScarletCity This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
CAN, but not always. I think getting myself into a two week relationship is just plain stupid. It will probably end painfully, so why get involved so young?

charisma25 said...
Oct. 16, 2015 at 7:34 am
I can relate to that I thought I knew all about relationship in high school but all I did was get hurt and called ungly and I had one bf that wanted to do bad thing to me and I didn't like It, so I kno where u coming from

Revosok said...
It depends, if you have known the person for several years and developed whatever relationship you have, then maybe that may be true love. But if you change your girlfriend/boyfriend like you change clothes, then that is not "true love".

Jhaymie F. said...
May 24, 2015 at 12:31 am
i admire those couples who's open to each other even though they have different perspectives in life. In fact, it depends on how they will face and handle those challenges. age doesn't matter right? but if you trust each other you'll see true love.

AshleySD said...
I am in love. I'm thirteen. I love my best friend. We have known each other since we were infants, so we've had plenty of time to get to know each other haha. So keep that in mind if you think that people can't fall in love early.

SINDORA said...
Apr. 25, 2015 at 8:22 am
OH MY COMMENTS IS TO LEARN EDUCATION AND YOU?

SINDORA said...
Apr. 25, 2015 at 8:20 am
idon't have

LittleRedDeliriousPrinceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 17, 2015 at 11:48 am
I believe in teenage love, and I think that love during the teenage years is the most beautiful love of all, because at this point we aren't as bothered by the many responsibilities that adults have. Our minds haven't been as changed or shaped by reason or by what people tell us, because as teenagers, we sometimes try to do the opposite of what our parents want just for the sake of doing it, so we won't listen. That's why I think teenage love is the best love that you could ever experience. You'... (more »)