I refuse to waste my time with stupid, meaningless relationships! No offense to those who do. | Teen Ink

I refuse to waste my time with stupid, meaningless relationships! No offense to those who do.

July 25, 2009
By Manii123 SILVER, West Paterson, New Jersey
Manii123 SILVER, West Paterson, New Jersey
5 articles 20 photos 22 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Our love is like the wind. I can't see it, but I feel it." -A Walk To Rememeber


Sometimes I wonder. I wonder if everything always has to end up so morbid. Love, happiness, life...it all ends bad. Love, now that's dangerous. I mean, I've never been in love; I'm only a child, but I've seen what it can do. I've witnessed the magic of it, and the danger of it.


I once herd in a movie that people want to find love because it's the closest thing to magic, but I believe that some people just want to feel whole, and that true love is what they might be missing.

Kids my age get to be reckless, stupid, innocent and irresponsible, but what I don't get, is that they all rush. They through the "L" word around like it's just a suggestion or a stupid word that doesn't mean anything. "OH! I Love my Hubby so much," like, come one! Hubby...what is that? We're kids! We don't have hubbies( husbands)! Why would we want to? We get to be free and love holds you down in so many ways. Love is so powerful, that the word is even powerful.


"Oh babe! I love you so much! we're gonna be together forever!" It makes me sick. What fourteen year old wants to spend the rest of there life with there current partner? I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but most fourteen year old kids don't even stay in a relationship for over a month let alone forever! Also, we're all too selfish anyway, including me.


We get to be selfish. To be in a relationship, you have to put the other person before everyone else...including yourself. That means dedicating all your free time and devoting yourself to your partner. What teenager wants to do that? What teenager ever did do that?


I'm sure they're a few who have, but their future's are so limited. They have to worry about going to college, because they don't want to leave their "hubby" or "wifey" behind, they might not even go to college because they think they'll be together forever, and then a week after rejecting college they brake up and then what? What's in their future then? Working at Walt mart?


Why start something so complicated so early if you have your whole life to experience it, and to experience it right? Relationships are not for kids, and fake relationships are annoying and useless; they have no meaning. I want to go to college, and I want to fall in love, but not anytime soon. I refuse to say, " I love you," when I don't mean it, and I refuse to waste my time with stupid, meaningless relationships.



Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 101 comments.


on Jan. 7 2022 at 6:18 pm
ashlyndearman_ BRONZE, Theodore, Alabama
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment
You will love this when you're older. I felt the same way.

Suriyan said...
on Apr. 1 2016 at 9:44 am
I'm agree and some of part i'm disagree when i teenager I'm 16 and my friends keeps talking about relationship was so powerful. we're gonna be together forever!!!!End then they one week or month a go if have problem they going break up!!

on Apr. 14 2015 at 5:04 pm
As a fellow teenager, I felt the exact same way; I see most people in my year in "relationships" but they have no meaning or substance, however I felt romantic feelings but I ignored them: my time is more important than a silly and short relationship.

acgtheone said...
on Apr. 12 2015 at 12:42 pm
"that being said",

on Jan. 17 2015 at 12:16 am
nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming
60 articles 11 photos 379 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

First off, rock the frick on. This is just awesome. And I don't know who you are but I'm proud of you for being mature enough at fourteen to think this way. BUT! It needs a little work. I spotted at least two type-os. Herd/heard, ( hubsbands)!/(husbands)!, walt mart/walmart. Really great job though!

Yeaguy said...
on Jun. 10 2014 at 5:08 pm
Wow. Really? Just focus on the passage not the grammar dude! She's 14/15!!! As long as you can understand the damn post, it's all good, I did!

on Feb. 14 2014 at 12:09 am
Lilly_Cat BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 16 comments
I so agree with this piece. I'm 15 and my friends keeps talking about boys (Im a girl) and relationships all the time. People are always saying to me "oh your so nice and pretty you should be able to get any guy you want!!!" And sometimes I feel as if people even Preassure me to date and it just gets really annoying. I just feel as if it's really imature of kids our age to be constantly trying to get into relationships.

on Apr. 9 2013 at 1:50 pm
Relationships are sometimes stupid, but its good to be a relationship because it teaches responsibility and as kids it speeds up our maturity.

AbiChickPea said...
on Jan. 22 2013 at 8:05 pm
Thankyou SOOOO MUCH. My friends dont understand why i dont agree with teen realatinships and i was unsure how to expain to them my reasons for this. You pretty much wrote everything i have ever wanted to say to them :) 

lololol said...
on Jan. 13 2013 at 7:45 pm
I appreciated the insight in the article however I feel the grammar and spelling mistakes you made overwhelmed the article to the point where i couldn't appreciate the message. a few i  were herd (in the context it was meant to be spealt heard) herd is a group of animals and brake (in the context it was meant to be spealt break) brake is something that stops a moving vehicle. there (meant to be spelt their) there is a place their is possesive.  However that being said you did bring up a good point, keep up the good work

Artemis said...
on Jan. 4 2013 at 5:35 pm
I would say for expirience, to know how to handle yourself. It doesn't have to  be serious but it helps to know what to do/what not to do. What happens if you meet the guy of your dreams and then it goes to dust because you didn't know how to be in a relationship? All I'm saying is you don't have to lose your virginity or even kiss a guy in a relationship but knowing how to pay attention to him and controlling your emotions is very useful. I know that now and it took me three years (im 17) to learn that and it has helped me keep a longer relationship - after several relationships that only lasted 2 months. You are young and dating should be like expiriementing for you so you find what you truely want and then go for it. 

Artemis said...
on Jan. 4 2013 at 5:30 pm
I completely get where you are coming from. I only just finally stopped and thought if I like the guy or not and to not rush into things after my slew of 2 month boyfriends. 

on Dec. 19 2012 at 6:41 pm
COol article!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on Dec. 12 2012 at 5:03 pm
I loved how your whole entire artile spoke to me, it really did. I have friends throwing around the word love back and forth and before you know it thier two week relationship is over. they are too young to have so much passion and meaning for one person, its just too soon. theyre in like, not in love. i wish i could preach that better than you did thank you for helpin the world see the damn light.

PuDdInGKup said...
on Oct. 31 2012 at 5:07 am
I can honestly say that I know where you're coming from. I used to think the same exact thing. Now, not so much. I realized that there isn't exactly as much love in teenage relationships, but there's sitll some love there. Teenagers just don't feel the same love as adults do. Adults, think back to when you were kids, and you had a boyfriend or a girlfriend. I mean really, think. Hard. What you're thinking of is the relationships in the "popular clan" of people. They never stay together, of course, because they don't really care, they just want a cute boyfriend or girlfriend. But think about the other people out there, who really do care. Who don't say the word "love" to often, and who don't say the word "hubby" or "wife." Trust me, teen love may not seem to be love as compared to adult love, but there's still some love in those relationships. If you don't believe me, ask some other adults who had love in their teen years. Or just simply be in a relationship. You'll know how it feels then. You don't know until you try! -PuDdInG

nphoenixj said...
on Aug. 30 2012 at 12:47 am
You're a kid... For someone like you, it makes perfect sense on something like this.. but yeah... love does exist in the most amazing forms..and the crazy part is we never realize how long we have been in love and with whom... it empowers... it frees the mind, body & soul... I've loved and I've lost and its the most amazing feeling one can ever live, express and nurture... you learn a lot about life and relationships from this feeling.. you will live through all of this in your coming years... we all live this feeling..

Dayja BRONZE said...
on Mar. 20 2012 at 12:40 pm
Dayja BRONZE, New Bedford, Massachusetts
2 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
" There is nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home" - Sixx AM

So, I understand were your coming from. Teenagers should not be dedicating themselves to there partner 24/7. They have a lot going on wether it's school, an after school activity, going to the mall, movies, ect. But what I disagree with is: you say you want a boyfriend when your in college right? but I feel as in college you would be so busy with your education that having a bf or as you say "hubby" is bad. I'm thinking  the complete oppisite then you are. I feel as teenagers this is our time to screw up, party, live large, do want we want, BE SELFISH, but there is nothing wrong with being in a relationship at a young age. As long as your not saying " let's have babies, and get married.. forever, and ever." Bull shit. When I'm in college I want to be single, that's my time to make something with my life. Not deal with boys. I also feel like if you date in High School, it help's you have expierence with dating and it would help you when you go out with males in your older years. If you date young you get to see what you like and what you don't like. However, if you don't try it until way in the future. How are you going to act around boys? you know. Well, anyway like my Uncle says " Different strokes for different folks"

on Feb. 27 2012 at 10:15 pm
PeNfReAk10 PLATINUM, Chino Hills, California
22 articles 3 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
When life hands you lemons, take the seeds and plant them.

Dude, I totally freakin agree. You should totally read my story that submitted. It's something similar to this, but with more bluntness and uncaring for other people's feelings. Ha, ha. GO LONERS!!! AWESOME OPINION DUDE.

OxymoronGirl said...
on Feb. 19 2012 at 9:02 am
OxymoronGirl, Quarryville, Pennsylvania
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"I've never been able to plan my life. I just lurch from indecision to indecision."
~Alan Rickman
"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
~Unknown

I agree and disagree. Im 14 soon turning 15 and Ive never had a boyfriend, but i know people who have had a 'significant other' and they told them they loved them, but then they got hurt and are now scared to try again. I personally feel it's up to the individual person. Some people know what they want in high school, but they also waste their time focusing on relationships instead school work. Im very insecure, and my friends say i need a boyfriend to be happy, but i disagree. Sure, i'll go on a date and maybe develop a relationship, but im not saying "i love you" until i know what those three words really mean to me.

on Feb. 5 2012 at 5:57 pm
Hey you know you have a point. Plus your wrong about something. I know that we're to young to be in love ( i am thirteen by the way). I don't have any relationship and i don't plan on having any soon. but that doesn't stop me from liking someone. You haven't fallen in love yet, u don't understand what people who had a crush and actually liked some one that they think about them day and night feel. Its like a love cube. Once you get sucked in it. Its really hard to get back. I have this crush and I keep thinking about him all the time. i know its really bad for me because sometimes i can't even concentrate. Its like a virus. Now i am trying really hard on getting out of it but its really hard sincei see him at school all the time.