Why Is It? | Teen Ink

Why Is It?

By SydTheKid09 BRONZE, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
SydTheKid09 BRONZE, Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance"

They walk hand in hand, her head on his shoulder. They smile, only stopping for him to press a wet kiss on her temple, and gather their books. Loudly, I sigh. Why is it? Why is it that I have to see this every day? Why can't it be me? Is it so hard for a guy to look at me and say, "Hey Sydni! Want to go out with me sometime?" Why is it that I seem to have the beauty the brains, yet I couldn't find the guy?

I've come up with a perfect conclusion. It isn't me, it's you. Why should I try to give 200% when you're giving 10%? It's not my fault, you don't appreciate what's right in front of you. I'm tired of being the one who chats with her friends of the almost kiss, and the misguided flirtation. I want to be the girl who gets walked to class by her boyfriend who's class is on the other side of the building. 

This past school year I pondered the question, "Why Is It?", but now I know I'm enough to not have to ask that question EVER AGAIN. 

Hi! My name is Sydni and I love romances. (I don't know why that was important XD) This piece is about accepting yourself enough to know that you don't have to chase after a guy/girl. Have a great day :)