Her. | Teen Ink

Her.

October 4, 2018
By ValEP BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
ValEP BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The ones who try to help are the ones who struggle the most"


Her eyes like melted chocolate but bright as the northern star that peirced my soul and saw through me like i was a ghost. Her skin soft, smooth like porcelain but her skin was warmer than porcelain her skin was soft and warm like a hug like buttercream on a cake filling my senses with empty calories. Her lips like a hand picked summer strawberries plump, sweet, teasing me because I want them but i cant have them. When she talks they're all i can focus on. I want her but im too scared to move when she touches me i freeze. I feel warm and fuzzy like i can see and feel everything but im paralyzed. She tells me about how she loves another and it hurts i tell her thats great and move on because im in too much pain it makes me.. angry i want her so bad. Her kiss. Her embrace. Her love. But i dont know if i have it but she has mine and cant let go wether she knows or not. I want to tell. But i think she wont like me anymore. I want to scream it but i'm afraid. What will she say?what will she do? Why cant this just be easy. Why am i so afraid. I want this i want her love her embrace her kiss but i cant take it.. i cant grab its within my reach and i can feel my fingertips brush it its so close but with every passing moment it gets farther and farther. I think i have it but its just a bit too far i think i can never get it but it drifts closer. When im with her i feel like im floating. She enraptures all of me all my senses muted to all others. I just see myself hurt, alone, wanting what i cant have and hating what I do. I dont want you i love her. I dont like him shes all i can think about. I want her but she wants someone else and someone else wants me.... maybe thats hows its meant to be. How it will.....always be. I cant make her feel how she doesnt feel but i want to grab her and kiss her like thise are my last seconds. But.i.cant. I try and restrict myself i tell myself no! Focus on school but guess what shes there too. I say focus on your social life but shes friends with everyone.i.know. she always there. Is it meant to be? Is she always there because she wants to or is supposed to maybe shes all i can think about for a reason. Maybe she thinks about me. At least I hope. I want her but she's just out of reach.


The author's comments:

I am confused about this piece because it shows emotion i didnt know i could show or that i even had