Crush: An Overrated Word? | Teen Ink

Crush: An Overrated Word?

October 2, 2018
By Anonymous

'Having a crush is amazing!' 'It's the best feeling in the world!' 'They're the cause of your euphoria!'

That's what you may have heard from your friends every once in a while. I've heard these words too. But is it really that amazing?

I've have a few crushes. People say that it's that increased heart rate, the butterflies in your stomach , the blush on your cheeks when you first see your crush. You'd think 'Wow! It must be so amazing to have a crush and have those feelings.' I felt the same way when I didn't have a crush and my friends told me about theirs.

In my opinion, having a crush is overrated. In my case, I try to avoid the person I have a crush on. Why? Because you feel nauseated. Your friends tell you to smile at your crush and talk to them but when you do, you always look like an idiot. Smiling uncontolably like a creep. And when you actually tell them how you feel, it's awkward for the both of you. And the fact that you're thinking about then all the time just makes it all worse.

With that being said, some of you may think it's just wonderful to have a crush and some of you may not.