Attack on Tsunamis | Teen Ink

Attack on Tsunamis

November 14, 2017
By Toualee GOLD, Sacramento, California
Toualee GOLD, Sacramento, California
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If I don't have to do it, I won't do it. If I have to do it, make it quick."-Oreki Houtarou


 What is a natural disaster? Natural disasters are mother nature killing mass amounts of people, tsunamis are natural disasters that had killed mass amounts for thousands of years. A tsunami is a huge wave of water. A tsunami is caused by earthquakes that happened beneath the ocean floor which it causes the water to rise up. Tsunamis causes thousands of deaths because people gets killed by the debris caused by the tsunamis and from drowning. Luckily we have scientists and Oceanographers who uses technology to predict when a tsunami is going to happened. Therefore the tsunami is the worst natural disaster to experience because it kills the most people.

 

Tsunamis are caused by earthquakes that happened under the ocean floor. For example, if you get hit by a tsunami, every yard of water is like a car falling on you. In the tsunami documentary, the narrator is saying “tsunamis will conquer anything.” Tsunamis can cause a great loss of lives and properties. Being the natural disaster that kills the most people.

 

Tsunamis causes thousands of deaths because when a tsunami happens, people gets killed by the debris caused by the tsunami and from drowning. Women and children are most likely to die when a tsunami occurs. Tsunamis have a devastating effect on insects, animals, plants, and natural environments. On December 26, 2004 in Asia, a tsunami killed over 250,000. Ended up being the natural disaster that kills the most people.

 

We have Scientist and Oceanographers who uses technology to predict when a tsunami is going to happened. If a tsunami is going to happened and Oceanographers had confirmed it, the government will warned the town or city that a tsunami is going to happened. Being able to know when a tsunami is going to hit will be safer for the people. There will be less deaths from tsunamis because of Scientists and Oceanographers.

 

Tsunamis are the worst natural disaster to experience because it kills the most people. Having a huge chunk of water that’s going 500 miles per hour is probably going to kill you. Houses getting dislocated and floods in the street is very terrifying.