Recycling | Teen Ink

Recycling

By af222 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
af222 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

When, people are throwing things on the ground they are literally killing the earth.  So people need to start using the recycling bin and at least throw away things so then they are not on the ground.  The best thing that you can do is throw thing that go in the garbage in the garbage and if it is recyclable recycle it because they can be turned into different things and it will help the environment.  So in this article I will be talking about Why you should recycle and how it can help the earth and what will happen if we do not do it.

One reason about how recycling helps the earth.  My first reason is it makes the air cleaner and not as polluted.  For example in the article Why Recycle they say “It cleans the air and more trees can grow and there is more fresh air and because there is not as much junk on the ground.” It also helps the earth is this way There are tiny things living to eat plastic said, “There are many things that other used thing can turn into for example glass bottles can be turned back into glass bottles same with plastic and tin.” Last Why Recycle said “You can recycle paper so it can get turned into ne paper and that helps because then people do not have to cut down more trees and that means better air and more air.

Another reason about how we can do it and what ways you can do it in.  My first way you can do it is from California Boy makes business of turning old skateboards into new ones (Newsela) and they said, “All you need to do is put your old skateboard deck in this bin and they will get shipped to my company.  You will be helping the world out because they will get turned into and new one for someone else and they are less money than new one from like a real store.” Last I will be talking about how in the article There are tiny things living to eat plastic they said, “So when you buy bottle water from a store you need to recycle it because then you can use it later.

My last reason is  about what will happen to the earth if we do not recycle.  My first reason is from the website they say “The world is going to be covered in garbage in 2157 and there will be very few places in the world where there wont be garbage”.(Ben Richmond)  My next reason is from Southcoast Energy Challenge said, “All of the landfill in the world will fill up and then we would have to make new ones and that will take up space and if you do not recycle you are pretty much doubling the amount of garbage from the garbage not the recycling.  (southcoastenergychallenge)

Some people will argue that recycling is a waste of time and waste of money (etc.)  So I was explaining how recycling helps the earth and what would happen if we did not recycle and last I said how it would help the earth.  I understand if people do not want to recycle because it is a waste of time but others need to recognize that it is a really big benefit and it will help in the long run.  People may say that too much money, waste of time, wastes materials, and things like that.

There are a lot of things about recycling and how it wastes money and materials but we need to do it and help the earth.  One of the main issues we are having on earth is recycling so everyone needs to do something about it.  I know that people do not like recycling and that is OK we just need as many people we can get to recycle, things that can be recycled.  Plastic can travel across the whole Pacific Ocean and it is affecting animals in the water and out.  When you refuse to reuse it is our Earth you abuse.