Habitat Loss | Teen Ink

Habitat Loss

By a.rae313 BRONZE, Glenpool, Oklahoma
a.rae313 BRONZE, Glenpool, Oklahoma
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Have you ever really thought about animals and how they live? Probably not. Well, because of unwise agricultural practices, deforestation, and pollution, animal habitats are being totaled by the minute. We must fix it soon or the animal population will take a dive. These problems can majorly help in animal extinction. The more pollution and work in forests, the less homes for animals.   People should pay more attention to this because careless practices and deforestation eliminate homes to birds and other animals homes. Pollution also sends  harmful chemicals into the soil and roots of plants.

Reckless agricultural processes are easily taking down nature’s animal environment, these processes advance in devegetation and land erosion. When land erosion happens plants fall with the soil and look, now there’s the animals have no food. Something needs to be done to help stop this.

Deforestation was also a major part of animal extinctions because when trees are cut down, food for animals decreases along with their homes. Research says that 15.3 billion trees get chopped down every year. Deforestation took the homes of  the passenger pigeon, and they went extinct in 1914. The same thing  happened to the tasmanian tiger the quagga. The last population of the quagga was affected in August, 1883.

Pollution and pesticides for farming can do many harmful things to the animal environment, they can send dangerous chemicals into the soil and roots of plants in which animals eat. Pesticide use in the United States has more than doubled since 1965, and continue affecting wildlife. Amphibians, fish, and aquatic insects are easily killed by these pesticides. Young animals are probably more likely to become very ill or be killed by these.

Pollution and deforestation can do so many horrible  things to the ecosystem such as extinction and land erosion. You could replace wood with anything like stone, brick, or play dough for Heaven’s sake! We need trees to breathe so we can’t cut those down.

Anyway, things like this are putting many animal species one foot in the grave because their habitats are being demolished. This needs to be administered quickly. Witless agriculture is easily taking down habitats. Also, homes to birds and others are being knocked out as a result of deforestation, and pollution greatly advances in in plant destruction which leads to animal extinction as well. Having to live as these animals that are being affected would be life changing because most of us humans don’t understand how harmed these species are. Please help them survive and stop deforestation.

I love animals and nature, so I want to tell people how much the environment needs help.