Animal Testing | Teen Ink

Animal Testing

By SamanthaL BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
SamanthaL BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

Countless animals are being experimented on and then killed after they are used. Animals should not be tested on then killed after being tested. Animal testing should be banned because of the cruel and inhumane treatment to animals, it is unnecessary, and also harms animals. But animal testing can also be helpful and be needed. My reasons are that animal testing is cruel and a inhumane treatment, animal testing is not necessary. But animal testing can also be needed and helpful.

One reason animal testing should be banned is that it is a cruel and inhumane treatment and act. In animal testing animals are often in pain while being tested. Animals are going through pain just by being tested.” Animals are inflicted with burns, wounds, and pain to test the healing process effects and remedies or even killed.”(People for the Ethical Treatment of A...) Animals are being harmed for no good reason just for scientists to test on the animals. Animals being tested rarely make it through the testing and die while being tested. It is cruel animals don’t make it out of testing because they are going through so much pain and end up dieing. Animal testing is cruel and harmful to the animals and should not be allowed.

Second reason, animal testing is not really necessary. According to scientists “ Scientists are using animals that are just being subjects in dangerous testing that do not even direct humans at all.” Animals are not really useful for human benefits so they are really being tested for nothing. “ It costs a lot of money for animals being tested. First animals are purchased to be tested, also providing shelter, food, and care for the animals is also needed.” If scientists are spending so much money just for animals to be tested, why are they giving up so much money? Also if animals are not much use for human research, there is really no point in testing. Animal testing is not proven as the main reason medical breakthroughs. Scientists state ‘’ That medical accomplishments that use animal testing is proven for so many medical breakthroughs. If the animals that are being tested but then are proven for so many breakthroughs, why are they still doing animal testing if it’s not helpful. Animal testing should be banned, reasons for it is not useful to humans.”(Testing - American Anti-Vivisection S...)

Third reason animal testing is not needed and should be banned for harming the animals being tested. “ the use national academy of sciences released a report envisioning in which animals would largely disappear from toxicity testing programs.” Animals are dieing from toxicity testing given by scientists. Some substances tested, may never be used for anything useful, animals are being tested with substances that will never actually see approval of government or will never be used. If scientists are using animals as subjects and using substances that will never be used, what’s the point on using it on animals. Animals and humans aren’t really the same, animals react different to drugs than humans. “Some believe animal testing is unreliable.” Animal testing is not necessary because animals react differently to things than humans do.(About Animal Testing : Humane Society...)

Many people think animal testing can also be good and helpful to humans. Animal testing helps researchers to find drugs and treatment for humans. “ The major pro for animals testing is that it aids researchers in finding drugs and treatments to improve health.” Animal testing can beneficial for researchers to find drugs to help human health, but it is also not beneficial because it is killing animals and it has caused many medical breakthroughs. Animal testing improve human health. It is reasons that animal testing is vital for improving human health. Animal testing may help improve human health, but the animals that are being subjects in dangerous tests that do not even direct human benefits. It helps ensure the safety of drugs and other substances humans may use or are exposed to. Animal testing may ensure the safety of drugs and other substances, but the animals being tested have shown and proven many medical breakthroughs in humans. Animal testing can be beneficial but is also not necessary to be tested.

In conclusion, there are so many reasons why animals testing should be banned, from animals getting killed, expenses, and not being beneficial to humans. But there are allows reasons why we should benefit animal testing, it can help scientists find drugs and substances to help human health improve. But animal testing is also not beneficial. I think animal testing should be banned.