Spring | Teen Ink

Spring

By JKal1 SILVER, DEFIANCE, Ohio
JKal1 SILVER, DEFIANCE, Ohio

Something I love
Have you ever walked outside at the beginning of a season change? The air smelled different, didn’t it? It smells good, clean, and new. Something that I love most is spring, not just the season itself, but everything that it brings. Spring just has a happy feeling that is projected to the world and sends good vibes to people all over.
It’s something about the way the wind pushes warm air under my nose, and tickles me with its refreshing scent. The air is crisp and clean and sends off a sweet and fruity feeling. I love the warm sense I get when I can smell the flowers giving off a slight aroma as they bloom into bulbs of perfection. The air almost smells like a pot that is mixing the melting snow with the bright sunrays and putting the result into a perfume bottle. During the spring, everyday smells like a great day, even if you feel like you’re going to have a bad day. The smell of spring contributes to the happiness that spring offers.
Spring means more sunshine and more time to make memories with family and friends and more time for laughter. When the green grass peeks through the patches of dirty snow it is a clear sign that the season for mid-day walks, pretty pictures, and picnics has arrived. Spring brings smiles that stretch across the faces of children as the butterflies and ladybugs come out to play just adds to my love for spring. Pastel colors, Easter eggs, crafts, and April Fool’s Day comes hand in hand with spring, making it all the more a reason to love spring. Who doesn’t like a cute craft here and there, or a friendly joke to help spruce up the mood? Spring is by far my favorite season is definitely something I love.