Globalization | Teen Ink

Globalization

March 11, 2015
By BookNerd464 PLATINUM, Neenah, Wisconsin
BookNerd464 PLATINUM, Neenah, Wisconsin
23 articles 1 photo 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
I am good, but not an angel
I do sin, but I am not the devil
I am pretty, but not beautiful
I do have friends, but I am not the peacemaker


Globalization is causing Americans to lose jobs.  Globalization is the interaction among people, companies, and government.  It a process from international trade and investment.

My first reason is that the U.S. wants to move over to other countries to make profit.  Because of cheap labor.  In China, workers only expect 50 cents an hour.  Compared to the 12 to 15 dollars in the U.S..


Another reason is that the U.S. is cutting jobs.  IBM (International Business Machines) announced that they were cutting 13,000 jobs in the U.S. and that they were creating 14,000 in India.  They say that “too many Americans have become too lazy” compared to Indians and Chinese. 


My last point is the U.S. educational system is failing.  High Schools produce few graduates with basic math and science skills.  U.S. colleges produce few engineers and scientists.  International competition has the  biggest supply of skilled workers so the U.S. is falling behind. 


While some people are saying that Americans are losing jobs because of other things beside globalization.  Americans are losing jobs because of cheap labor and the U.S. educational system is falling.