Water Bottles | Teen Ink

Water Bottles

February 16, 2015
By srm20 BRONZE, Hartland, WI, Wisconsin
srm20 BRONZE, Hartland, WI, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Americans bought more than 4 billion gallons of water in one year. Don’t you think that is a lot of water for one year? The topic we are going to be talking about is bottled water. Water bottles are bad for the environment and we should stop making plastic bottles. Therefore to make the water bottles we pollute via factory and we also pollute transporting the bottles to the places they have to be. Where do you think the bottles go? The bottles go to the landfills when we don’t recycle. No more than 20% are being recycled. There is also a taste test. ABC News took a taste test on tap water and bottled water. Want to know what happens?


ABC News took a taste test on bottled water and tap water. They put the bottled water in a cup and put normal tap water in a cup and went around to people and most of the people said that the tap water tastes better. So what really tastes better? People say bottled water tastes better, but they are  wrong. The water in the water bottles is 70% unregulated than tap water. Maybe people like the unregulated water better.


No more than 20% of water bottles are being recycled, the other 80% is going to the landfills. Bottled water wouldn’t be a problem if we just recycled. If we could recycle this world would be a much better place.


I know that some people don’t think it but, did you know that “when you buy a water bottle you are really paying for water regulated less than tap, plus advertising. You pay 3 times more for water than gasoline.” -Bottled water is a big waste


In conclusion water bottles should be gone because to make a water bottle we are polluting too much to make some water bottles when we could just be taking the water out of our sinks.