There’s No Dark When There’s a Bark | Teen Ink

There’s No Dark When There’s a Bark

November 21, 2014
By Lauramich BRONZE, Bogota, Other
Lauramich BRONZE, Bogota, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Hairy, spontaneous, caring, silent, playful and curious, dogs, one of the most marvelous additions to earth. Those who don't believe in love probably have yet to own a dog, and those who do believe in love but haven't owned a dog are simply being fooled. No love is as strong and loyal as the love of a dog. A true friend, loyal companion and unconditional support. More than just eating, sleeping, and pooping, a dog is what every human being needs. For some , this might be a running partner, for others a furry ball to cry on , or more often than not a way to pickup hot girls  at the park. For a few they may even be their eyes,for others there nurse. Each day service dogs start to become more and more popular as more people realize that a dog is essential in a person's life. From health support to emotional support dogs are perfectly suited for any job any time. In a a perfect world every dog would have a home, and every home would have a dog. Until then people missing a dog are missing out on life.

Loneliness doesn't exist once you have a dog. A furry ball becomes your personal heater , best listener , belly to cry on, and partner to stay in bed with. Even though communication between dogs and humans is not through English , Spanish or any other language, it still present. The truth is , it's simpler than most other languages, with something as simple but significant as eye contact you are already in the deepest communication with this soulmate. There is no need to tell him/her about your bad day or sad feelings. Before your first tear drops to the floor your companion will already be snuggled next to you and ready for a movie marathon and drops of ice cream that drip next to him along with your salty tears.


Some say that humans true best friend is their dog, anyone who has owned a dog will surely agree to this. A best friend who never gets annoyed of hearing your endless drama and bad jokes. You don't even have to worry about him/her spilling your secrets and embarrassing moments. A best friend who is willing to watch whatever movie you want whatever amount of times needed, but most importantly , the most loyal friend you will ever have. Richard Allan Palm once said, "Puppies are the natural remedy to the sensation of not feeling loved". Having a dog gives you the relief of knowing that even though you can be fighting with your boyfriend ,friend or parents your dog will always love you, no matter what others think of you , he/she will offer you that unconditional love. Money can't buy love and happiness? Who ever said this forgot that money can buy a dog, and that fore sure is the purest and most sincere love and happiness you can get! A love that nothing in the world can replace.

What if you can't afford to buy this love? Some dogs can be really expensive ,but there are many dogs out there waiting and hoping to be adopted. Dogs which are willing to give you eternal love for free! This summer I was in Medellin in the vintage car show, here I saw one of the most touching things I have ever seen. Moments before the show started a homeless man came through the runway pulling behind him a recked wagon with various dogs on it and a bag of dog food. The smile on his face was priceless, the dogs tails wagged from side to side showing their unexplainable happiness. This happiness was so pure it became contagious. Everyone around the parade had been standing in the sun for hours desperately waiting for the show to start, but as soon as this old man came out everyone was touched and smiles filled the crowd. A man with so little decided to spend the little he had on his dogs, and he seemed more happy than what many billionaires do. He was surrounded by such honest and simple love that brought him pure happiness. This man is the living proof that a dog can fill even the emptiest heart with love and create happiness even where hate and misery is abundant.

Such a simple being can become such a complex part of your life, a part which you will feel incomplete without. On those late nights when loneliness hits you,_ there is your dog, When you come home from work but no one else has arrived home, there is your dog. When you are annoyed at every single person you know, there is your dog. When you’re scared and you have no idea who to call , there is your dog. Those nights when you get hungry past midnight but you're to scared to go to the kitchen alone, there is your dog. The most loyal companion you can have, the most pure love you can receive, and happiness that money can actually buy. Regardless of the responsibility the experience is priceless, everyone deserves the love that a dog is willing to offer.