Zombies | Teen Ink

Zombies

By Yarithza Estrada BRONZE, Pacoima, California
Yarithza Estrada BRONZE, Pacoima, California

Everyone had entered the school by 8:20 am.Every one’s first period was Math with Mr.Smith. No one was thrilled about learning math except for Cindy, she was the smartest girl in the class. The class was about to begin a Unit one test, when they started the room was really quiet at that time. The teacher had left the room to go to the restroom, The students were hearing strange sounds and they thought that the teacher was trying to scare them while taking a test which was strange for them.

Ten minutes have passed, the teacher was still out of the room. The principal announced something she said “every teacher please close and lock all of the doors.We have zombies inside our high school.Everyone started panicking, but instead of locking the doors everyone ran out of the room, tried to make their way out the door to escape.

Meanwhile everyone started leaving our class was still in the room. Mr. Smith escaped with the others, he had left us on our own. Soon there was a few Zombies on the door window.

Everyone was panicking, Cindy reached out for the fire extinguisher and slowly opened the door, everyone got one object or as many as they could they start throwing them to the zombies.Many students were able to reach out for their textbooks, reading books, chairs, staplers,etc. As they were slowly dying, they were all trying to escape through the big window they had in the back of the room. They all got out of the classroom, but some were bitten while trying to kill the few zombies in the room.

Some students transformed into zombies in less than 5 minutes.Their friends did not want to leave them behind, but they had to because their lives were now in danger. Once they were in the hallway, everyone started pushing students because many zombies started chasing them, they were trying to survive and not get infected by the disease the zombies were spreading. Cindy was a really nice friend to everyone, she helped everyone get out but herself.

Her friend was surrounded by zombies, Cindy ran to save her friend, she got saved but Cindy did not. She was killed trying to save lives of others. Everyone was outside and the teachers all tried to close the doors, that way the zombies would be trapped.The school was shut down, but Cindy's spirit still lives.