Should Animals Be Used For Scientific Or Commercial Testing | Teen Ink

Should Animals Be Used For Scientific Or Commercial Testing

January 17, 2014
By josephkid BRONZE, Bronx, New York
josephkid BRONZE, Bronx, New York
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Animal testing is a controversial topic because ( ) . I think that animals should not be used for scientific or commercial purposes for a variety of reasons. To begin, testing is cruel and inhumane. Additionally, alternative testing methods now exist that can replace the need for animals.
Reason why animals should not be used for scientific or commercial testing is because it is cruel and inhuman. according to, the humane society international “ they force feed and force inhalation the animals during experiments”(p.1). When force feeding animals it can lead to injuries and effects the animals simply means that it is against their will and it can lead to many things, such as death of the animal or cause serious injuries.Animals can become sick or cause traumatic effect that can last long term.
Animals are not humans that can consent to anything so, if the animal is suffering we have no way of knowing if they had enough or not. Additionally, force feeding an animal can lead to death or bruises, lacerations, and sores. Additionally, infliction of burns and other wounds are made to the animals when studying the healing process.the US Department of Agriculture reported in 2010 that 97,123 animals suffered pain during experiments for scientific and commercial testing.
During testing when animals have some burns during injection hurts even to humans and when something burns it really hurt so we should not hurt or give animals wounds. The US Department of Agriculture reported in 2009 that 98,200 animals was wounded during experiments for scientific and commercial testing.
When animals suffer pain it lead to many thing like (stressful,monotonous,and unnatural lives of daily confinement and deprivation). Every year in the U.S, over 25 million animals are used to biomedical experimentation,product and cosmetic testing, and science education.This includes- dogs,cats,ferrets,rabbits,pigs,sheep,monkeys,chimpanzees and more.However, the majority of animals in lab ( over 90 percent ) are rats,mice, and birds. Some estimate place them in to hundreds of millions. Some people are in favor of animal testing because is easier for them and they want to know more about animals like ( what's in them, what they can do and can't, etc), so thats why some people are in favor of animal testing
In conclusion I think animals should not be used for scientific or commercial testing because.Animals should not be use for experiments.If you keep on using the animal it would go endanhered and go and go extinct.It will mess up the food chain: the fox eats the rabbits and we eat the fox so if the rabbits are use for experiments than te fox will not have any food to eat.And keeping on using animals for experiments .But if the drugs and medical treatmens actually harm people,the purpose has been defeated and lab animals are still dead.So we need to stop using animals for experiments cause it is waht we eat when sometimes protects us and we play with and when we keep on using them for experiments there will not be anymore in some years.