Wolves | Teen Ink

Wolves

February 5, 2013
By Camryn21 BRONZE, North East, Pennsylvania
Camryn21 BRONZE, North East, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You can't fix stupid."






-Camryn


No more wolves? No Way! Farmers killing wolves is a bad thing. They shouldn’t kill the wolves because that messes with the population of other animals. People need to learn that wolves are endangered because farmers are killing them, and the population of other animals is going up way to high.

People need to learn that wolves are endangered because farmers are killing them. Farmers kill wolves because wolves eat their chickens. “Farmers trap, poison, and shoot wolves” (“Miller”). What horrible ways to kill wolves! “Wolves are being killed and people are not trying to protect them.” “When farmers kill wolves they are rewarded for each wolf that they kill” (“Miller”). When people try to kill a wolf they just try to get money or just to get rid of the wolf. Farmers also kill wolves because “they killed deer or other animals that farmers hunted” (“Miller”). People need to find different solutions to get wolves away from their animals and not kill the wolves. Farmers killing wolves leads to the population of other animals to go up way too high.

People need to learn that wolves are endangered because the population of other animals is going up way too high. When people kill wolves other animal populations rise. An example of this is “elk and deer population going up” (“Bringing”). People don’t realize it but wolves eat these animals and when people kill a wolf it messes with nature and the food chain. When there are a lot of “elk and deer they eat all of the plants and then other animals can’t eat any plants or lose a home” (“Bringing”). This needs to stop. It is horrible! “Having wolves around not only controls the number of elk, deer, and coyotes but also helps other animals” (“Bringing”). The wolf population is going down every day, but people can fix that. The high population of animals doesn’t concern very many people.

People kill wolves because they are fierce predators. “Their jaws can take down a moose and even crush bone” (“Miller”). It is no wonder that people hate wolves but wolves still help the environment. “The population of wolves is going down because when they kill livestock, farmers kill the wolves” (“Miller”). “They even receive a reward for each wolf they kill” (“Miller”). People should not be offering rewards for killing wolves, it is wrong.

People need to learn that wolves are endangered because farmers are killing them, and the population of other animals is going up way to high. People need to learn that wolves are endangered because farmers are killing them because the wolves eat the farmer’s livestock. People need to learn that wolves are endangered because the population of other animals is going up way too high when wolves are gone because wolves eat these animals. People need to learn that killing wolves is wrong because populations of other animals are going up way too high. People need to learn that killing wolves would affect the world in so many ways.

Works Cited
“Bringing Wolves Back." Kind News. Jan. 2001: n.p. SIRS Discoverer. Web. 18 Sep 2012.
Miller, Gary. "Return of the Gray Wolf." National Geographic Explorer! (Vol. 8, No. 2). Oct

2008: 8+. SIRS Discoverer. Web. 18 Sep 2012.


The author's comments:
This essay was to show that people are killing wolves and that it affects our lives today in many ways.