It's Time to Act | Teen Ink

It's Time to Act

By Evos96 GOLD, Holliston, Massachusetts
Evos96 GOLD, Holliston, Massachusetts

Don't let schooling interfere with your education -Mark Twain

The earth is alive. The earth is rich. The earth provides us with everything. Everything we need to sustain life. This grand mother is the protector with her mountains, the healer with her plants, and the goddess with her beauty. She's here, giving us everything she has and asking for nothing in return. Until now. Now she asks for mercy. Mercy from the pure torture she is enduring due to the humans she is infected by. We are taking too much, using too much, and killing too much. So much that the grand mother herself cannot remake that what is lost in the time given to her. Earth is tired. She is tired of all the smoke from our machines, all the drills penetrating her surface, all the poison in her water and all the hate in the world. The earth is dying. Humans.. WE are killing her and few care! Let's all imagine what we would do without the clean water she puts in our glasses, what we would do without all the beautiful trees filtering our air, what we would do without our atmosphere! Life would no longer exist. We would die along with our poor mother. We all think we have time, that the world will extinguish, but not in their lifetime… so why should they care? They should care because all of their children and their children's children will be suffocating in the very wake of smoke and destruction left behind by past generations. They will be left in a world too hot to breathe, to dry to drink and too black to see. Our mother is dying. If we do not do something NOW we will not let our children see a green world, a clean world, an ALIVE world. And I do not mean scientists only need to do something, I mean we ALL need to do something. Whomever you are, wherever you live, whatever your beliefs are, we all need to unite and become what we are meant to be! Healers of our mother! We ALL need to step back and look at how we are living and what WE can do to make the world how it should be. Every single one of you should be taking steps to improve what has been given to us! Big companies need to do the same, for they do the worst damage. As we heal our earth, as we mend what we need to survive, your children and their children will do the same. Our children will see clear skies, rich rain forests, and clean waters thanks to what we will do today! We need to ACT. We cannot just stand around waiting for someone to come up with a solution to all of our environmental issues, for that will not happen. If we want to save our mother, each one of you needs to pitch in and become a healer. Together, the earth will live another day!

We need to do something to protect our earth before it's too late. It's better to prevent her downfall, than wait till it's too late.