A letter from earth.......

My dear human inhabitants,
Firstly, I just want to ask you one question? Didn't I provide you with everything you want? Why, you yourself have written in your poems about how I 'boundlessly and immeasurably' provide. I have provided you with food, the basic necessity for survival, water, the azure guardian of your life, forests, which are measureless in their giving, land on which you thrive and the air which you insufflate. I have asked nothing in return, just the fact that you live in harmony and concinnity with the other beings who thrive in my realm. But do you do that? The answer is, no doubt, a no.
People take my resources for granted. I begin with food. Is there even a single day when your plate is devoid of even a single grain of food? Have you never thrown food away in your life? When you decide to throw away the leftovers in your dish, consider for a moment about your own race. There are many people who are starving. Many who cannot afford a single square meal in a day. And you? You take food for granted.
Water, which is the blue fuel of survival in every organism. Many litres of water are wasted every single day by you. All your toxic waste, industrial effluents, and sewage land up in my lakes. Now is that the right way to repay my favours?
Trees and animals! The other organisms who seek my shelter for their endurance and living. Have you thought of how much you encroach on animal territories? Ever thought about how many trees are cut every single day? Do you know anything about the atrophy of the the natural resources( coal, petroleum and natural gas)?
You have not even left the breath of life- air alone. Air pollution is a common sight in large cities. Smoke and smog are now common. People die everyday with breathing problems. Ever thought about the complications. If not, now is the time.
In this universe of zillions of planets, stars, satellites, across nebulae, neutron stars, black holes, pulsars lies the sun. It makes a wonderful solar system of which I am a part. I am the only planet where life exists. But will it after your merciless deeds?
I beseech you not to waste food and water. I ask you just to plant at least ten trees in a month. I request you not to hurt animals and stop poaching. I appeal you to do your best to stop air and water pollution. There are so many ways to do so. Car pooling and dumping of waste simply into water are prime. Save fuel and throw garbage into bins. And lastly, please, if you can't do anything for me, at least show compassion towards the needy of your own race!!!!
I hope you will try your best.
Yours lovingly,
your mother earth

earthhashopeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 31, 2012 at 3:19 am
Thank you!!! 

Mar. 29, 2012 at 2:27 am
Please forgive me for the little errors I have done.......In the first line,  firstly I want to ask you just one question, I have put a question mark.....It should be a full stop..... and in the air paragraph, I have put a full stop after- Ever thought about the complications? And finally, in the measures to save earth, instead of recyling waste, I have written dumping waste into water......I am very sorry...Please forgive my errors...

natjane27 replied...
Mar. 31, 2012 at 1:43 am
this is awesome! i like that you made it in the form of a letter. so touching and so true :)