Poaching in Africa

Poaching has become a serious problem in Africa. Until recently, Central African hunters killed only enough wildlife to feed their families. These isolated hunters with primitive weapons, have been replaced by militarized gangs that hunt endangered animals for profit. Poor governments faced with problems ranging from health care crises to armed rebellions have been powerless to stop the “Bushmeat” trade market.
Poachers are relentless and merciless. The poachers have used military weapons on animals and humans. Poachers have also burned forests and savannahs to the ground so they can lure the animals to their deaths. After they kill the animals, the poachers take the hides, horns, tusks, teeth, and meat from the carcasses and sell them. Poaching has become a form of war on wildlife. Endangered species such as the elephants, lions, leopards, cheetahs, hyenas, and buffalos are being hurdled towards extinction! Also, much of the environment and ecosystem are being permanently damaged and destroyed. If nothing is done about this, the endangered animals, the environment and ecosystem will be lost forever and we will never get them back.
There are a lot of things that can be done about poaching. I believe if we all can donate money, we could save and protect the endangered animals, environments, and people from poachers. With the help of other governments, the dirt-poor governments of Africa could be rid of poaching in their countries. These poaching wars could be put to an end if we would all help.