We are the next Generation

We are the next generation
Catastrophe. That is what we as a species are proclaiming. The glaciers are melting, the earth is getting warmer, wars are being fought, pollution is everywhere, and many different kinds of species are going extinct. Many people are saying it is too late and the earth is lost. Don’t listen to those people. Yes, all the things that I wrote about are happening, and yes the condition of our planet is deteriorating. However, these things do not mean that all is lost.
We as a species need to stop arguing, stop watching television, and get out there and save our planet. We can do this by writing to our Senators, asking them to promote green energy. We can also do our part by trying stop polluting our planet. Recycle more, and don’t just leave it to the adults to do all the work.
Like it or not, WE ARE THE NEXT GENERATION. It will be OUR RESPONSIBILITY to take care of our world. By saying “oh the adults can do it” will not solve our problems. Because, if you think about it, the adults have not solved these problems. Do you know what we are inheriting from them? We are inheriting a polluted world, plagued by wars and discontent. So like it or not, NOW IS THE TIME TO ACT! We are not powerless. This is America, we have a say too. Just because we can’t vote yet, does not mean we can’t petition and have our voices heard! In most other countries of the world, the people there can do the same thing.

That’s what we need to do. If you think about it, that is our responsibility. Let’s look to the future and save our planet, so that our children can inherit a world better then what we are getting and know that our generation was the one that put a stop to all these problems.

Anonymous519 said...
Feb. 9 at 12:26 pm:
Dear WriterFanatic,             I found your article very interesting. I’m writing here because I agree with you all the way. Every day 50 to 100 species of plants and animals become extinct as their habitat and human influences destroy them. This just shows how irresponsible we are as humans. We need to start thinking green. Become a cleaner environment for future generations. To address this problem we should start wi... (more »)

environmentguy said...
Wow this is so inspiring! I just told someone else this but check out ourgreentomorrow.org...you both have the same ideas really about the earth.

I am Bush said...
Dec. 15, 2010 at 9:49 am:
Keep writing, please. Earth is our only home.

WriterFanatic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 15, 2010 at 3:46 pm :
I will=) thanks for your comments

Dreamer531 said...
I think your pretty amazing.

Tara M. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
this is so true! I hope we really can fix the mistakes that we brought on the planet

Shannon_Bananon said...

Great! I liked it a lot. It was strong and well presented. Good job!

(I realize this is a little late, but I believe if an article is good, it's never too late to congratulate the author.)

Apr. 29, 2010 at 9:13 pm :
Thank you for your comment! No I'm always ready to get new messages it's never too late.

WriterFanatic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 10, 2010 at 9:31 pm:
Guys, this is the author. I would like to thank you for voting on my article. Its now number 3!=)

dragonbiscuits This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:47 am:
This was awesome, it was short, but to the point, and I can feel how strongly you feel about this. Also: Wasn't Avatar the greatest movie? I'm so glad James Cameron made that, the message is so true!

Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:43 pm :
There might be an Avatar Trilogy ya know...=)

dragonbiscuits This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:54 pm :
=O YES!!! That would be awesome! XD

Jan. 19, 2010 at 6:13 pm :
Yep. Won't come out for a while though he is working on another movie series right now

Shambler92 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
http ://www.teenink .com /opinion/current_events_politics/article/157625/MY-GENERATION-The-New-Youth-The-Building-of-a-New-World/