you wouldnt eat your dog...

I decided to become a vegetarian when i was ten years old. I realized that an animal was a living being. my chicken nuggets didn't look anything like the chickens running free in my yard. The thought that did it in, I wouldn't eat my dog, why would i eat anything else that was capable of feeling joy, had a personality, or had favorites foods or toys? Every animal is individual, just like humans. The mass brutal slaughter that we permit as a society is unacceptable. millions of animals in factory farms never see the light of the sun, and are kept in small, filthy cages until they die. They are force- fed antibiotics, growth hormones, and steroids to keep them alive in conditions that would otherwise kill them. cows have their throats slit, and chickens are doused in scalding water to remove feathers, ALL WHILE STILL ALIVE. if we treated humans in this manner, it would be another holocaust. Animals feel pain too, and they scream just like we do. They are defenseless, and this is violence WE CAN STOP. join the movement toward peace and consider vegetarianism.

rhymertapperdreamer said...
Aug. 11, 2010 at 9:35 am:

Wow, that's terrible, I had no idea...

Very moving, very powerful.

Good for you, being a vegetarian. :)

Moloctopus said...
Mar. 1, 2010 at 5:14 pm:
I love this.
And agree completely.
I'm a vegetarian, it's been 3 years.

sadimcm said...
Feb. 8, 2010 at 12:42 pm:
i agree i have been veg for almost 3 years now. and the things they do to animals are just wrong.

AbbytheEventer said...
This is great! I am also a vegetarian since age 5 by choice. I am strongly against slaughter and think that it is horrible! I will try to post one of my "Vegetarian" papers online.
Thanks

storywritinggirl said...
I am also against this. I don't remember exactly when I stopped eating meat; I guess when I realized that... well, basically, these animals are like any others. Thanks for putting this!