Save the sharks

By August 26, 2009 Rob Stewart was able to show the world that sharks are not the appalling creatures as some of us think they are. He showed what he believed in, and he wanted to show the world, so they could believe him.
Have you ever heard the saying “Never Judge a book by its cover”? Any book could have a terribly unattractive cover but be the best novel ever written. In this case, the shark is the book. Its features frighten the average human, but really it is one of the softest, fragile and caring living-thing that is now in terrible danger of extinction because it’s being killed by us mortals. After more than 400 million years of existing on this planet the predator has become the prey and nobody cared because they wanted this swimming carnivorous fish’s fins. Imagine if you were a shark, would you like being killed, having your fins cut of, and then your body thrown back into the water to rot? Then why would you do that to people. There are over 200 endangered sharks, we are doing nothing but destroying them for money. Shark fin soup taste just like plain water, with seasoning added so there is some flavor. Ridiculous isn’t it? Shark fin is also used for medication because the Chinese and Taiwanese believe that sharks don’t get sick and they are strong so if you have them, you won’t get sick or will be cured from your sickness and will get strong. A myth? Definitely.
So why are we still killing this poor creature? Why doesn’t anyone understand that killing them is just destroying our earth? Rob Stewart understood. He showed the world what he believed in and after watching Sharkwater I’ll never see sharks the same way ever again.

savetheplanet said...
Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:10 am
Yes thank you for writing this.  Unfortunately, China is the highest consumer of illegal animal trade.  There's also been a lot of controversy over their use of tiger bones for traditional medicine.  The tigers are killed in India and then taken to China.  China banned the sale of tigers but does nothing to enforce it's laws.  In fact, it has the pretense of tiger parks, which are supposed to conserve the tiger, but are really farm raised tigers for slaughter.

dragonbiscuits This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I am so glad somebody has written about sharks! Awesome job! <3 Sharks